Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Silly question: Internal PAP sensors, lifespan, calibration
Silly question: Internal PAP sensors, lifespan, calibration
A silly question perhaps, what kind of sensor(s) are found the typical C-PAP machine?

Maintenance or lifespan?
Calibration?

Other: It looks like there is some open source (bare-bones Linux?) in the smart software, as I saw it listed on some Respironics manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Silly question: Internal PAP sensors, lifespan, calibration
I wondered that myself.  Try googling "cpap sensors" and you'll find some useful links (and a lot that aren't useful).  I found the Honeywell PDF had a useful overview.  te and ecnmag were also interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Silly question: Internal PAP sensors, lifespan, calibration
Can't really answer your questions OTHER THAN I spoke with a repair person about repair rates. He said that the rate of return for repair for either the Airsense or the Respironics was quite low until about 7 years old. Then the repair rate climbs quite a bit. Board failure before 15,000 hours is less than 2% and did not include water damage but may include falls that the patient didn't admit to. That said, this discussion was based on S9 and 560 series and earlier. The Airsense hadn't even been out for a year and Dreamstation was not out for at least another year. I recall that there were some early failures on the Airsense primarily due to the modem overheating.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifespan of the ResMed AirMini Columbiabill 2 810 11-30-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: tanguero
  Does Airsense 10 require periodic calibration checks? CorruptAlligator 4 1,255 10-19-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Am I silly? I use my ResMed AirMini all the time now lyndon5 10 1,421 09-16-2023, 06:48 PM
Last Post: barney999
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,583 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Internal Power Connector AirSense 10 terrycts 15 2,781 10-19-2022, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Moseby
  Silly question perhaps, but I'm wondering Windswell 2 578 09-16-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Compatible NONIN sensors from China nikonomikon 11 1,857 05-29-2022, 04:52 AM
Last Post: nikonomikon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.