Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
RE: WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
[/quote]
From December 2016 they will turn off 2G in Australia. Wonder if Resmed thought about that.
[/quote]

It's happened. No more 2G Vodafone network so the modem is now a wheel chock.

Wonder if Resmed is going to bring out a 3G/4G or even better a wifi modem that talks back to base.

Post Reply Post Reply
I contacted Resmed directly regarding the switch off of the 2G network. Telstra turned their 2G off a few weeks ago. Vodafone are keeping their 2G network operating for at least the next 12 months. Resmed have told me that a fix will be in place for when Vodafone close their 2G network. I'll believe that if it happens. I don't trust the CPAP industry here in Australia one little bit. Dodgy

James
Post Reply Post Reply
Got this from RESMED yesterday....

Thank you for your enquiry.

2G technology is supported by Vodafone until early 2018. When Vodafone shuts down their 2G network, ResMed will provide a solution to affected customers who wish to continue using this functionality. Please visit our website or contact our sleepvantage customer care team following the shutdown for further information

1. Can you login? – Please send a screenshot when you are logged in.
2. Is there network signal on the device? – on your devices screen is there a circle with a line through it or little green network bars?
3. Is Airplane mode enabled?
4. Please power cycle the device.- unplug totally for 30 seconds and reconnect
5. Can you see Internal Modem info? ( My Options>About>Internal modem) – Please forward
6. Can you please supply your address and serial number ?

You may move the device around and see if there is mobile network reception to transmit the data.
Sometimes you can run an extension lead outside house and see if you can pick up signal and then take back inside once you have received signal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2016, 08:44 PM)JamesW Wrote: I contacted Resmed directly regarding the switch off of the 2G network. Telstra turned their 2G off a few weeks ago. Vodafone are keeping their 2G network operating for at least the next 12 months. Resmed have told me that a fix will be in place for when Vodafone close their 2G network. I'll believe that if it happens. I don't trust the CPAP industry here in Australia one little bit. Dodgy

James

Have you still got access via 2G?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. I am on the western outskirts of Sydney and my Vodafone internal modem is working just fine. It updates daily to MyAir and I usually download the data from the SD card every ten days, or sometimes once a fortnight, to my PC and have a look at it with the Resmed software and Sleepyhead. I don't fret over the data anymore as my AHI averages about .6
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never liked the taste of humble pie but looks like what RESMED told me about the VODAPHONE 2G network not being closed down until December 2018 is true!

I just rebooted my machine and it found the network again - full 5 bars!

Thanks RESMED!
Post Reply Post Reply
Aand now it's early 2018, my Resmed can't find the vodafone network here in SE Melbourne. Anyone know if there was a posted resolution, or opened a case with Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 353 54 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,717 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,595 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,763 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.