Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Sleep Number
Rainbow 
Sleep Number
I recently saw an ad for the Sleep Number bed that says it stops you from snoring. Has anyone had any experience with this strategy (the mattress base raises head higher than your body)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Number
I have a temperpedic with an adjustable base that I can raise the head higher than my feet and still have sleeping/snoring issues. Not sure how a bed can totally solve the issue unless you are basically sleeping sitting up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try a sleeping wedge for a couple nights and see how that does, then consider a more expensive solution if you get good results. I have found that for back sleepers, raising the head is fine. Side sleepers however can have issues bending at the waist sideways, depending on how high the head gets raised.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MaryW and welcome to the forum

I don't use sleep number bed but my bed feel comfortable and like it on the firm side
As for snoring, since started CPAP, snoring stop and the elbows stop coming too
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MaryW,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP I used a 4 inch wedge pillow under my regular pillow. It stopped my snoring. In fact I took it with me for my sleep test and used it. Did not snore but still had plenty of apneas. The wedge pillow stopped the elbows for me.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replys. According to my elbow friend, I only snore when I'm on my back. I will try a wedge, good idea!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 453 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 333 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 REF Number The Mask Bandit 2 200 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] New to APAP. High number of "Clear Airway events". Not sure what to do. lujojo 17 1,132 01-30-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: lujojo
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 323 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.