Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Small issue with new item
Small issue with new item
Hello,

I am very new to this forum and still finding my way around.  I have a new Apex XT Auto which I have been running in the APAP mode.  I bought the heated humidifier accessory and have now hooked everything together.  The problems are that the heater on light doesn't seem to work and I have been getting a flashing alert that reads "LowP."  That indicator is not in the owners manual or the provider's instruction sheet.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Small issue with new item
If no one here has an answer, maybe ask the manufacturer through their website apexmedialcorp.com. There is a "Product Service" option on their contact page.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know nothing of this specific machine.. 

But Googling suggests LowP refers to a low pressure alarm that is on some models, given that your manual doesn't mention it may mean you have the wrong manual for your particular machine.

Check in the CPAP Setup Manuals section at the top of the page here to see if there is a download for your particular machine model and verify if what you have is the correct manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Beachhawk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy and figuring out your new machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Trish and to the other forum members,

Thank you all for the kind welcome.  I did contact the manufacturer and they advised that it was most likely due to a serious leak.  I checked all of the joints where air might escape and found none.  It then occurred to me that the problem might be due to the way I was using the equipment.  Thinking-about I tightened up the straps on my mask and the problem stopped immediately.  Go figure!

Best regards,
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2017, 11:56 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: I know nothing of this specific machine.. 

But Googling suggests LowP refers to a low pressure alarm that is on some models, given that your manual doesn't mention it may mean you have the wrong manual for your particular machine.

Check in the CPAP Setup Manuals section at the top of the page here to see if there is a download for your particular machine model and verify if what you have is the correct manual.

most manuals are wrong manuals
they write a generic one for too many models
and they dont update them when changes occur

my car manual is wrong
my cell phone manual is wrong
the wifi manual is wrong
other device manuals are wrong
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.  I finally emailed the manufacturer and you were right; LowP means low pressure.  The problem turned out not to be a problem after all.  I just needed to tighten up my mask.  The way I was wearing it was allowing air to seep out.  I tightened it up-problem solved.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2017, 11:42 AM)xxyzx Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:56 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: I know nothing of this specific machine.. 

most manuals are wrong manuals
they write a generic one for too many models
and they dont update them when changes occur

my car manual is wrong
my cell phone manual is wrong
the wifi manual is wrong
other device manuals are wrong

Most manuals are right, if you know how to read them and understand what the basic process is that they are referring to... unless it is the wrong manual for the device you are using it for. 

You must be the unluckiest person on earth to have got manuals that are incorrect for every vehicle and device you own... you have my sympathy xxyzx.  Whistle
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I agree.  I hope he doesn't need a marriage manual!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's interesting that your machine alerts you to a poor mask fit!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 43 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,413 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.