Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Smart Card Reader??
Smart Card Reader??
I have a respironics m-series bipap auto with an Encore Pro Smart Card. Where can I get a card reader? Does it matter which one I get? I have seen them between $15 and $150 and I'm not sure what the differences are.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Smart Card Reader??
(10-19-2015, 02:35 PM)junkman Wrote: I have a respironics m-series bipap auto with an Encore Pro Smart Card. Where can I get a card reader? Does it matter which one I get? I have seen them between $15 and $150 and I'm not sure what the differences are.

Thanks

Hi Junkman,
Welcome to the forum, I promise that there are people here who will help you through the next few months and will answer any questions you may have.
As for the reader, I am using the $15 dollar version and it works perfectly. In fact, mine might have been a freebie. Don't forget to lock the SD card when you put it in the reader and then unlock it when you put it back in your machine.
Good Luck,
DonC
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi junkman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might take a look at some of the suppliers on the suppliers list here on this board, at the top of each page and see what they have.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
That smartcard is not a standard SD card. It has contacts similar to a phone SIM card (Or the new PIN and chip credit cards.)
You need a proprietary reader for that card.

Check Supplier #1 on the supplier list. Look for "Encore Pro Smart Card Reader"
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You may also find it on Ebay but you take the associated risks of it not working or it not being what it is supposed to be.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 02:35 PM)junkman Wrote: I have a respironics m-series bipap auto with an Encore Pro Smart Card. Where can I get a card reader? Does it matter which one I get? I have seen them between $15 and $150 and I'm not sure what the differences are.

Thanks

Hello!

I just purchased the Saicoo® USB 3.0 4in1 Digital Memory Card Reader/writer from Amazon to analyze my ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet data, which uses SDHC cards. The reader accepts both SDHC and SDXC - just make sure your card is one of them.

It works perfectly fine with fast download rates and is much cheaper than many models out there. Also if you use a camera or other device that uses the micro SD cards, it will work for that as well.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 02:54 PM)DonC Wrote: As for the reader, I am using the $15 dollar version and it works perfectly. In fact, mine might have been a freebie.

M series machines use Smart Cards, not SD cards.

M series cards only work with Encore, not SleepyHead. They give useful data, but not as much as the good models of later machines.

(10-19-2015, 06:01 PM)Possum Wrote:

Thanks
I just purchased the Saicoo® USB 3.0 4in1 Digital Memory Card Reader/writer from Amazon to analyze my ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet data, which uses SDHC cards. The reader accepts both SDHC and SDXC - just make sure your card is one of them.

Also, the wrong kind of card reader for Junkman's machine.

(10-19-2015, 04:07 PM)justMongo Wrote: That smartcard is not a standard SD card. It has contacts similar to a phone SIM card (Or the new PIN and chip credit cards.)
You need a proprietary reader for that card.

Check Supplier #1 on the supplier list. Look for "Encore Pro Smart Card Reader"

Right card reader, but I don't know for sure what versions of Windows the device drivers will work with. Getting the right device driver and getting it to work can be a pain.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you lock and unlock an SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 5476i5F714A4661579993?v=mpbl-1]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 05:47 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: How do you lock and unlock an SD card?

There's a small tab on the left side (as you view it with the contacts away from you) that you slide with your fingernail.

[Image: 11.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,467 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 540 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  airmini smart stop leads to many on/off events elliotg 4 566 10-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Diffrence between prisma smart vs 20a michelbeaini 2 1,967 10-10-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: domod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.