Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
RE: Soclean check valve keeps filling with water
Thank-you for your response. I wonder when the unit has to be replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply
If there is no water on the Soclean side of the check valve then the check valve is doing what it is supposed to, prevent the water from entering the Soclean. You must have your Soclean below the level of the humidifier and a siphon is forming.

If the Soclean side is dry just blow out the check valve and keep going.
Post Reply Post Reply
The so clean is at the same level as the humidifier. I even raised the black tube so to minimize any chance of a siphon forming.
Actually you are not supposed to blow out the check valve. I tried that in the past and water started flooding into the so clean. Once water collects inside the valve, you have to discard it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2016, 10:08 PM)wnorm Wrote: The so clean is at the same level as the humidifier. I even raised the black tube so to minimize any chance of a siphon forming.
Actually you are not supposed to blow out the check valve. I tried that in the past and water started flooding into the so clean. Once water collects inside the valve, you have to discard it.
You must have a siphon going, how else is the water going to flow?. In the 3+ years I've had mine I never got a drop in my check valve and I usually fill my water reservoir prior to the Soclean running.

As for not being able to blow out the check valve, I'll look at mine tomorrow. Blowing it out shouldn't break it unless you go the wrong way.

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
SoClean 2 - anyone try this gadget?
[font=Arial][size=medium]Has anyone attempted to use the SoClean 2 series automated cleaner machine? Seems Expensive at over $300, even the compact travel version is over $200 by the time you buy a power adaptor (meant to work on batteries so the power supply is extra).

I'm about to go into the hospital for a laparotomy to remove part of my liver (NOT keyhole surgery). I learned that hospitals charge big bucks if you don't bring your machine [had pulmonary embolisms in March and the upfront charge was $1000 to use the hospital machine; "do I get to keep it?" I asked. No.]. Trying to minimize post-op infection and/or pneumonia.

Also wondered what adaptations are necessary for use with older (pre-2007) Philips Respironics REMstar Pro and REMstar Pro 2 with C-FLEX.

I acquired these machines from thriftstores after going through a sleep study almost 20 yrs. ago and being diagnosed as "normal" i.e. no apnea. I bought one with a complete outfit and carrying bag (obviously buying new masks hoses etc.) and saw the C-FLEX machine alone. I prefer the Pro with continuous air to the C-FLEX (so it's the backup) and have used them ever since.

One of these days I'll have to ask my current doctor for a prescription in order to buy a new CPAP machine but they seem to operate fine. The doctor will probably make me go through a sleep study again.

Sorry for long post.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SoClean 2 - anyone try this gadget?
No one has ever done a review of it (which I find surprising) but you can do a forum search.

Here, i did it for you.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/search....order=desc

Warning: the topic is rather hot as those who think it is hockey pucks firmly believe it is pucks and those who love it firmly love it. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your link. My searches didn't yield anything? I'd better read the forum instructions again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I've read through the stuff and am somewhat disheartened. However, as I have fewer than two weeks until the operation followed by 5-7 days in hospital, I decided to get it shipped. The medics and staff will probably laugh at me, or better yet, forbid the machine be brought into the room.

Thank you again.Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi daddyvortex,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope your surgery goes well.

Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the money towards a current, better CPAP machine. The SoClean 2 is an expensive ozone generator of dubious benefit, does not clean the machine and it's disinfection effectiveness is not proven. For someone using 10-year old equipment you seriously need to look at an upgrade. You can find many good deals from online channels, and probably from your local Craigslist if you know what you're looking for.

More current machines provide full data, more comfort features, possibly auto-adjusting pressure, are generally smaller and quieter. Take a look for Philips Respironics 60 Series Remstar Pro or Auto, or the new Dreamstation series. Also Resmed S9 and Airsense 10 series. I'm seeing them practically new, for the same money (<$250) as what you'd pay for this questionable cleaner.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,798 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 678 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.