Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
ADMIN NOTE about this thread:

(08-04-2020, 09:29 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: It seems we constantly have multiple threads started regarding the SoClean CPAP cleaning machines (or similar machines), and these threads are starting to over-clutter the Main Forum.

In an effort to consolidate SoClean and CPAP cleaning machines discussions, it will be Apnea Board policy that new threads about SoClean and related machines will be merged into this single thread.

This thread now contains all the previous threads concerning SoClean.

This is being done in an attempt to control the sheer volume of new threads we seem to get each week regarding SoClean.  No other CPAP-related product gets as much attention as SoClean for some reason, and indeed, some of these threads appear to be spam.

So, if you would like to discuss SoClean, please do so in this thread.  If you start a new thread about SoClean, it will be merged into this thread at some point.

Thanks for your understanding, folks!

Coffee

This information was also posted in our Member Account Help Forum, here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...discussion

I am New to this Bibap thing and Cleaning of Tanks masks Etc

i start work at 3 am  and will find i don't have time in the morning to Clean my tank out etc  

I Know there's  a few opinions out on this product  the   SoClean CPAP Sanitizing Unit i am going to order one for 199  after speaking to a guy who cleans medical instruments he say he would not hesitate to buy one and use it him self   found a working discount code too  Soclean10  ten bucks off the 199
It cleans the tank the tubing and mask

For the price it will off set its self by the time water soap etc i will save

Clive
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to clean humidifier tank
Just Ordered one with another discount code Coupon: SLEEPTALK25 and Soclean10 total 35 bucks off the 199 price

sorry if i broke any rules on this post please let me know if i did so i know please
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2012, 09:11 AM)britincanada Wrote: Just Ordered one with another discount code Coupon: SLEEPTALK25 and Soclean10 total 35 bucks off the 199 price

sorry if i broke any rules on this post please let me know if i did so i know please

Just what the heck do you think an ozone generator is going to to do the dirt in your water tank? Do you think it's going to somehow magically disintegrate all the minerals and other bad stuff in the water, but isn't going to affect the plastic and rubber? Give me a break.

Yeah, I know. "The manufacturer informs me that the machine doesn't affect the materials the mask and hose are made out of, but it destroys germs and dirt." Sure it does.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2012, 08:37 AM)britincanada Wrote: I Know there's a few opinions out on this product the SoClean CPAP Sanitizing Unit
Check out this thread
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ing-system

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought that was the one we debunked?

Yep, it was.

Sorry you wasted your money. Maybe you can cancel the order?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, you don't have to clean the tank every single day. A simple rinse would be enough. Just rinse and set it out to air dry. Then, each weekend, do a cleaning.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have a machine ? and if not i don't think you can really have an inform opinion
The USA Have strong Laws against false advertising
I for one am spending the 170 bucks to buy one and try it out
I don't have the time or patience to spend 5 mins a day and 20mins on a weekend cleaning a machine the auto timer can be set for 2 hr before you go to bed therefor the water will be clean i have no idea what you put in you humidifier

I'm take-in the Word of A Friend who works for the hospital he cleans medical instruments
he say he would not hesitate to buy one and use it him self

Thats good enough for me
I will report back my findings if your interested

And for anyone who would like to try it there's the coupon codes

Clive
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2012, 04:52 PM)britincanada Wrote: Does anyone have a machine ? and if not i don't think you can really have an inform opinion

I have a $500 rock you can strap to your head to see if it cures your sleep apnea.

If you haven't bought one of these, I don't think you can really have an opinion about whether it cures apnea or not.

(09-03-2012, 04:52 PM)britincanada Wrote: The USA Have strong Laws against false advertising

You obviously have not seen much USA advertising.

Look at all the "anti-snore" sprays and devices that are advertised.

Look at all the magic p**** enlargement pill ads.

Look at all the weight loss pills for sale.

Here are some different kinds of ozone devices that have been sold for years before the EPA cracked down on them.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

Here are some other ozone devices that were sold for many years before the FDA took action.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/P...199322.htm
http://www.naturalnews.com/028958_ozone_...s_FDA.html

The sad truth is you can sell ineffective or even outright illegal medical devices or "dietary supplements" for a long time, perhaps forever, in the US without getting prosecuted.

Maybe the device we're talking about works, but I seriously doubt it effectively cleans your CPAP machine. The fact that they haven't been stopped by the authorities doesn't mean that it cleans your CPAP well.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try a Google search before you bought this?

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

Quote:First, a review of scientific research shows that, for many of the chemicals commonly found in indoor environments, the reaction process with ozone may take months or years (Boeniger, 1995).

Quote:Second, for many of the chemicals with which ozone does readily react, the reaction can form a variety of harmful or irritating by-products (Weschler et al., 1992a, 1992b, 1996; Zhang and Lioy, 1994). For example, in a laboratory experiment that mixed ozone with chemicals from new carpet, ozone reduced many of these chemicals, including those which can produce new carpet odor. However, in the process, the reaction produced a variety of aldehydes, and the total concentration of organic chemicals in the air increased rather than decreased after the introduction of ozone (Weschler, et. al., 1992b)

Quote: Third, ozone does not remove particles (e.g., dust and pollen) from the air, including the particles that cause most allergies.

Quote:There is evidence to show that at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone is not effective at removing many odor-causing chemicals.

Quote:If used at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards, ozone applied to indoor air does not effectively remove viruses, bacteria, mold, or other biological pollutants.

As for truth in advertising, false statements are made all the time. Any time a commercial says it "beats the competition" without mentioning a name, there's a false statement in it. Look on a store shelf in the vitamin and herbal remedy section. You'll see in big letters "CURES ACNE" then in small letters somewhere will be "not been proven to actually work" or something similar.

Your friend in the medical field may be right in some aspect. First, a reusable medical device is cleaned of any particles. Then it is sterilized. Simply dropping a blood covered scalpel into boiling water doesn't clean it. You would first have to clean your CPAP parts then use the ozone cleaner and hope for the best. For that amount of money, you could have gotten a lifetime supply of Control II.

Don't get mad at us for telling you that you should have done better research. You say you want more opinions yet the only advice you followed was the biased opinion of the manufacturer and a single friend.

And, seriously, if you don't have 5 minutes a day or 20 minutes on the weekend, then you need to organize your priorities. I hate the five hours or so it takes to do the laundry but I do it, even if it takes time away from my work, my play, or playing with my dogs.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the info guys i will try it out and see how it goes but here some interesting reading for you

Can I Interest You in Some Snake Oil?

In the mid-1800s, a wave of Chinese laborers arrived in the United States, seeking employment in the railroad industry. Among the many unique and unusual aspects of their culture that they brought with them, was the oil of the Chinese Water Snake (Enhydris chinensis). This was used by the Chinese and introduced to the West as a topical preparation for the relief of joint pain. This claim was ridiculed by medicine salesmen of the day, and to this day the term snake oil has become synonymous with quackery, fraud, and products with unverifiable benefits.

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of such questionable health products today. An endless river of them continue to make bold claims, while failing to live up to their promises. Despite this, some innovations have pushed their way forward and have become a true benefit to many people.

Consider one product developed by Colin Sullivan of Sydney, Australia, in 1981. This device was essentially a reversed vacuum cleaner motor rigged to blow air into a person’s nasal cavity, thus allowing the airway to remain open, when relaxed muscle or tissue would otherwise close it. It’s not hard to imagine those who would take issue with such an approach: It was different. It sounded radical, even dangerous. Yet today, millions are enjoying a more full life, due to the advent of the CPAP machine.

As alien as CPAP therapy may have seemed at first, it was backed up by hard science. The dangerous effects of Obstructive Sleep Apnea were well documented. Rigorous testing and monitoring of CPAP therapy showed that such an approach would ultimately save lives. To dismiss CPAP therapy as just a modern form of snake oil would indeed be a serious mistake.

So what distinguishes a legitimate and beneficial concept from one that’s mere quackery? For one thing, the science behind it. While it’s true, that not every mechanism can be explained by science, (For instance, the mechanism behind many of the benefits of aspirin is not fully understood.) yet, when an approach clearly does have science on its side, such evidence should weigh heavily against any skepticism.

It’s easy to be skeptical in today’s world. There are many useless, would-be panaceas, that exist for no other reason than to enrich their creators. This means that healthy skepticism can be a protection for us. When skepticism becomes unhealthy, is when it causes us to close our eyes and shut out the facts, like a court jury that refuses to examine the evidence.

So in the end, it’s really up to us. Keeping ourselves informed, and educated to the best of our ability, while keeping an open mind, will help us weed through the useless, and identify the useful. It could even be that something we once dismissed, will in the end, become something we highly value.

Postscript: Studies of the Chinese Water Snake found the oil of this particular reptile to be high in Omega-3 fatty acids. This being the case, it likely did exactly what it claimed to do: relieve joint pain and inflammation. So, Chinese snake oil is actually not snake oil after all. (Scientific American, November 1, 2007)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 187 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 144 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,749 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 151 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 326 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 624 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 589 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.