Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Software Version Upgrade
Angry 
Software Version Upgrade
I have been using the Respironics Remstar Pro C-Flex for just over 2 years. Right after the 2 year warranty was up I started to get this error message in the middle of the night showing 'V1-22'. Come to find out this is a message telling me the software version is out of date and I need to update to version 24. The machine works as it should and I like the saying that "if it ain't broke, Don't fix it". So is there a way to bypass this programming to avoid having to send out and pay for an un-needed upgraded.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software Version Upgrade
Hi nivlac,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
That's frustrating to find out that you have to possibly update your machine, just to use it.
Hang in there for answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with you. If your machine is working well, there is no need to update the software.

My System One Auto machine came with firmware software Version 2.50. My wife was prescribed the same model machine and hers came with firmware software Version 2.51.

I obsessed over that for several months and asked someone about if there was something I was missing (additional features, bug fixes, etc.). He told me that unless there the machine was malfunctioning and needed to be returned for service, there was no need to update the firmware.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Laugh-a-lot
(05-02-2013, 08:29 PM)nivlac Wrote: I have been using the Respironics Remstar Pro C-Flex for just over 2 years. Right after the 2 year warranty was up I started to get this error message in the middle of the night showing 'V1-22'. Come to find out this is a message telling me the software version is out of date and I need to update to version 24. The machine works as it should and I like the saying that "if it ain't broke, Don't fix it". So is there a way to bypass this programming to avoid having to send out and pay for an un-needed upgraded.

That doesn't match up with what I understand about the machine. Where do you get the idea you need a software upgrade?

Does "V1-22" stay on the screen? On mine, if I unplug the machine and reapply power, it says "respironics blahblah" then goes to V2.02 or some such, which is the version number of the software, not an error message. Then the machine will run.

Does it say V1-22 or V1.22? Does this message come up if you unplug it and then plug it back in?

If the number goes away after a while, you may have a problem with the power and the machine is resetting itself. On one of my machines, the power plug on the back of the machine fits really poorly and it's easy to make it lose contact if you wiggle it a little.

PRS1 error codes usually look like E-123.

I really doubt the machine has a "time bomb" function that requires a software upgrade after a while. Sounds like a clueless DME. However, maybe there is some sort of bug that causes it to hang at that point in the boot up process and a software upgrade will fix it.

If it's shutting off in the middle of the night due to power problems, enabling "auto start" might help.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the idea when I spoke with the service technician in my area. He says when it shuts down and starts giving the service required message then V1-22 pops up, it means the machine needs the newer version of software installed. I've tried unplugging to reboot but it just starts the process over.
Do you know how to find the pressure setting? I scan through the setting but not sure how to decipher some of it

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2013, 05:37 PM)nivlac Wrote: Do you know how to find the pressure setting? I scan through the setting but not sure how to decipher some of it

Thanks
The provider manual is available via email: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
[scroll down to bottom of page to ask for the manual via email]

PRS1 setup videos and pictures: http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
Does it stay at V1-22 forever, or does that go away after a while?

You talk like it works some times, and not at others. When does it work, and not work?

Do you ever see "Service required" on the display?

Does it say V1-22 or V1.22?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2013, 08:29 PM)nivlac Wrote: ...... Come to find out this is a message telling me the software version is out of date and I need to update to version 24. ...

I don't know if there is anything special about the way your machine works but in general these things are not like computers that continually check for updated software.

I suspect a more likely interpretation of the service tech's comment is that there may be a fault or bug in the firmware that manifests with that code. The updated firmware fixes that bug.

Software/firmware bugs can be very quirky in their manifestation and it is quite possible that only particular combinations of settings may allow it to show.

I don't know about consumer law in your area but if there is a design or manufacturing error causing the problem (as opposed to a random component failure) then the manufacturer should be prepared to flash the unit with new firmware at no cost.

Still and all - if it ain't broke don't fix it.... unless you want to... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 111 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,650 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,200 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 520 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 400 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 354 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 566 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.