Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Somehow knocked my machine off the table last night!
RE: Somehow knocked my machine off the table last night!
Been thinking about this. Not the dogs, I think. One is smaller than the CPAP, one is too old/lazy/fat to think about it, and my youngest did a tug-o-war *once* with my hose and learned that it was mine, and not his to play with.

What makes me think it is me somehow, my wife has her's on a tiny little night-stand, let's her hose just hang down to the floor, and has no issues. If the base came off easy enough, I'd bolt it in place. Whatever I do, it must look "pretty" so my lovely wife does not become displeased. I honestly fear velcro may not do the trick.

If it were solely up to me, I'd use "L" brackets to create a small shelf just above the headboard, and somehow bolt/strap my dream machine to it (still keeping the hose clamp on the hose as well). But that was voted down last night.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Duct-tape and bungee cords keep popping up in my head, but once again, was voted down.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance the machine is vibrating it's way to the floor? Is the nightstand flat? Have you noticed any earthquake activity in your area at night? Anything else that could cause the machine to walk like an unbalanced washing machine? Do you need a few miserable cats?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try the large Command adhesive Velcro pads. You'd be very surprised how strong the Velcro actually is especially in the shear direction. The command adhesive is also pretty strong in shear as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2014, 05:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Any chance the machine is vibrating it's way to the floor? Is the nightstand flat? Have you noticed any earthquake activity in your area at night? Anything else that could cause the machine to walk like an unbalanced washing machine? Do you need a few miserable cats?

Nope - none of the above. As I add water every night, I check the position of the machine, plus it has 'rubber feet', so it doesn't move on it's own. Does anyone's machine 'vibrate'? Mine does not at all.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2014, 07:46 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: I would try the large Command adhesive Velcro pads. You'd be very surprised how strong the Velcro actually is especially in the shear direction. The command adhesive is also pretty strong in shear as well.

This does seem to be about the only method that won't upset my lovely wife.

My only thoughts is that I somehow shoved it off the table while asleep. My lovely wife has mentioned from time to time that I flail around a bit (dreaming perhaps?) while sleeping, not often, but it does happen.

That is why I really like the small shelf idea above the headboard...

Post Reply Post Reply
With the Command Velcro holding it down you'll move the whole stand/table before the machine would come loose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put my machine on a thick (rubbery) silicone mat to avoid easily sliding off a table. You can buy them in kitchen departments. Of course, it's not as secure as a lock-down method though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2014, 02:59 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Duct-tape and bungee cords keep popping up in my head, but once again, was voted down.

Revisit this: Explain to your wife that these are for you, not the machine..........

Post Reply Post Reply
You could always try double-sided suction cups, like these:

[Image: 41b4jgBnHLL.jpg]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,282 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 551 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 841 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 885 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 441 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,777 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,299 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.