Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Sore nostril from the mask P10
RE: Sore nostril from the mask P10
I’ve been using the Dreamwear Nasal Pillow Mask for a little over a week now. I was only supplied with the small and medium cushions. They both made my right nostril very sore no matter how loose I had the headband. I persisted with the belief that nasal breathing is healthier than mouth breathing. About three days ago I started using Lansinoh Lanolin Cream and the pain is gone. Magic. I’ve been sleeping very well now with only a few leaks and low AHI. That said, I’m eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new ResMed P30i mask. I’m hoping one of the three size cushions is a good fit for me. I also ordered the Dreamwear Headband “with arms” as mentioned in another thread on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply and information around what you used. Hope the new mask is all that you need. Interested in how it goes in particular with the air coming through the tube  around the face and the comfort level. Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the n30i. Then someone on the forum wrote that the p30i sealed better, so I tried it. And it worked - I don't need to tighten the headgear so much to get a good seal. Feels much more comfortable. I imagine the only reason for using the n30i would be if the p30i irritates the inside of your nose. Different strokes for different folks....
Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2020, 07:55 PM)letsrun100 Wrote: I’ve been using the Dreamwear Nasal Pillow Mask for a little over a week now. I was only supplied with the small and medium cushions. They both made my right nostril very sore no matter how loose I had the headband. I persisted with the belief that nasal breathing is healthier than mouth breathing. About three days ago I started using Lansinoh Lanolin Cream and the pain is gone. Magic. I’ve been sleeping very well now with only a few leaks and low AHI. That said, I’m eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new ResMed P30i mask. I’m hoping one of the three size cushions is a good fit for me. I also ordered the Dreamwear Headband “with arms” as mentioned in another thread on this forum.

That's excellent advice. Thanks for providing it.
Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your replies and ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your feedback and advice.
So, it is possible then to 'mix and match' the mask with the machine -  The Dreamweaver Nasal mask can be used with the Res Med Airsense 10? - excuse my ignorance. Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe a number of people here use Dreamware masks with Redmed machines, although I am not sure if you need an adapter or not to do so. Hopefully someone else can help in that space.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most masks have an adapter so that they will fit the hose. The mask will usually come with whatever adapter it needs to connect to the hose. The hoses are universal and will fit any machine. Now having said that, there may be the exception. I imagine your DME provider can help you with this. Call and ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the very few things that the CPAP industry standardized was the hose connection size (22 mm).  There are exceptions, like the mini CPAPs and the heated hoses.   In the case of the heated hose, only one end is proprietary and is because of the electrical connection for that particular CPAP brand.  Its other end of the heated hose has the standard 22 mm connection in all cases.   A lot of the masks types have some type of quick disconnect, FFM's in particular.   This disconnect is usually a bushing that fits in the 22 mm hose opening and then couples the hose to the mask.

The bottom line is, unless you are using a travel/mini CPAP*, all masks will fit all CPAP devices.  

*An adaptor has made its way to the marketplace so now some travel/minis can use all masks as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for all your feedback.
I have been using the N30i for the past 4 days with good success for a few reasons -
* low leakage rate
* no irritation of my nostrils and
* events per hour averaging 0.7 (a lot lower from my sleep study that was 39.6/hr).  

Touch wood, it has been a very smooth transition to the CPAP machine over the past month, with great success including no complaints from family members about my snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 423 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 988 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Closed nostril side sleeping, deviated septum, PAP effects? sleepyzzz 7 793 07-13-2023, 10:40 PM
Last Post: sleepyzzz
  [CPAP] Pressure sore, bad night with cpap CorgiGiraffe 5 856 06-22-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  airfit P10 sore nose duece12345 13 7,175 02-19-2023, 12:07 AM
Last Post: getzall
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.