Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Sores
Sores
I have used CPAP for twenty years.  I got a SoClean machine, and now I am getting bad sores on my nose.  This never happened before.  Does anybody else have this problem or have any idea of why SoClean would cause this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sores
Hi grdnrr5 - Welcome

The SoClean term has proven to be a toxic subject here and I will avoid any comments on the product.  I do encourage you to review past posts if you are interested. Here is the search link of threads based on the term "soclean": Search Results

Finally, Ozone is a known irritant.  You may be more susceptible than others.

Good luck and welcome to the forum again.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stop using the SoClean. Rinse all your equipment with a mild vinegar and water solution. Rinse well. Dry completely. Use the equipment without the SoClean and see if the sores heal up. It could be a totally different issue. I agree with Nape that it could be you are more sensitive.

Are they inside the nostril or outside? Are they right where the silicone sits? In one spot or several?

If inside the nostril, lanolin or Ayr gel inside each nostril before putting on the mask will help with the healing.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Moderator hat on:

The OP is asking for assistance, not a diatribe on the SoClean. If you have no input directly about the issue - the sores - then do not comment. Any comments about how evil the device is or is not will be deleted.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the link re SoClean.  This is the info I was looking for!  Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best I can offer is repeating from others. Research and do a trial without SoClean to see if irritation diminishes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Y no photos of mask-caused "sores" on the www? nelsonka 1 393 12-15-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Sores on edge of nasal passage pwabbit 3 757 10-31-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Symptoms] Strap causes folliculitis sores fotoguy4u 7 13,012 07-23-2021, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Alabama1951
  Suddenly have sores from same mask DotLove 8 1,130 11-30-2020, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Nose sores on bottom of nostril Teddysjam 10 2,418 11-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  DreamWear Sores Cbarrios 22 8,235 10-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: satfrat
Sad Horrible bleeding sores from nasal pillows Pajamamomma 10 3,494 04-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.