Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poor Man's "Sleep Study"
RE: Poor Man's "Sleep Study"
Forgot to mention that you will need to mouth tape to ensure that the nasal flow curve data is correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2021, 04:31 AM)selfcoacher Wrote: Get contec RS01 for 100usd as it comes with nasal canula pressure sensor, O2, heart rate and ppg all at 0 pressure support.  They have auto score software for apnea, hypopnea and desaturations, but I would manually score it based on heart rate arousals, flow curve shapes and desaturations.  This is by far the cheapest way to evaluate your current status at 0 pressure.

Thanks so much selfcoacher!

A question--is there an app on a smart watch/phone that would be helpful?

I have an iWatch 6 and iPhone8 and use autosleep.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
No they have their own windows software to import data into and score/autoscore.  Not being able to import the data in Oscar is a drawback to this cheap device.  

You can supplement the data from RS01 with positional data from somnopose and some full night snore recorder app or some cheap video camera to get a better idea what is happening during the night in terms of position, chin tucking, movement etc..
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks selfcoacher. Much appreciated.

My iWatch 6 gives me a sleep report.
It tells me I move a lot; it even gives noise levels and crude blood oxygen levels.

I want to improve sleep quality.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 243 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.