Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Sudden Difficulty with Compliance
Question 
Sudden Difficulty with Compliance
Had a sleep study right about a year ago. Started on an auto-titrating machine in March 2013, and was compliant almost right away. I loved it, felt better than I've felt in years (overall AHI 9, rem AHI 45, AHI on my auto-titrating machine <2)). But I kept getting nasal sores with my Swift FX, so when the Swift Nano came out, I got one. It was December, so by this time I'd been compliant for 8 months or more.

Well, then the sores were worse, in a different spot, and after 30 days with that mask, it wouldn't stay on my face more than an hour or two. I kept trying to get used to it, and it wasn't happening.

Now, back to the Swift FX, and I'm still taking the mask off. Yesterday it was after about 2.5 hours.

I work night shift, so I was day sleeping and I'd taken 5mg of Ambien (not uncommon, since sound day sleep is hard to get). Honestly, I can't remember WHY I took it off, it's only after looking at the info settings that I can see that I took it off. My AHI was 2, my 90% pressure was 11, both are normal.

I also have a Quattro mask, but have only tried to wear it once.

Help?!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden Difficulty with Compliance
have you tried a nasal mask instead of a nasal pillow?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi coyotemist,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you like the pillows mask the best out of any you have tried, you might try to get some HPA lanolin and use a little of that on your soars. If you use it in your nostriles, just put some on a q-tip and use a VERY LITTLE in them.
You can find HPA lanolin in the baby isles of most stores, even Amazon sells it.
Edit: another thought I had was that maybe you need to change sizes of pillows, they usually come with three different sizes and you might need to experiment with different sizes, end edit.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 06:34 AM)coyotemist Wrote: I also have a Quattro mask, but have only tried to wear it once.

Help?!
Use it while your nose heal
User profile shows "Humidifier: none" ... might a good idea to get one, I find breathing cold dry air irritating .... everyone is different

Post Reply Post Reply
The Active LT nasal mask might help. Zonk do you like yours?
Post Reply Post Reply
F&P Oracle HC452 Oral Mask might be worth looking into while you nose recovers.

I have one on order but haven't tried it yet.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 08:28 PM)Lukie Wrote: The Active LT nasal mask might help. Zonk do you like yours?
I like mine, been using it one month after starting CPAP ... worth more than all the tea in China Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,760 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 330 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question Assistance with sudden issues incl. OSCAR RustyShackleford 3 364 01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: RustyShackleford
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 287 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.