Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Sudden rainout on AirSense 11
Sudden rainout on AirSense 11
I have a new Resmed Airsense 11 with climatelineair 11 for about 6 months, and last week I started to get water in the mask AND tube. my setting was auto both for humidifier and temperature. a DME consultant asked me to try manual setting of 5 and temperature of 25 degrees celcius for one night and report to her. that was last night, and it was worse. I got a lot of water in the mask and gurgle in the tube. Today I reported the situation to the DME and she claimed that I should replace the heated tubing, because it is 6 months now and should be replaced every 3-6 months. It seems odd to me that the tubing lasts for such a short time.
I will purchase a new tubing, and prey that the fault is not in the machine…
Does anyone else here got such short life of a tubing?  Any info will help. Thanks!
(The temperature at my bedroom is about 21 c and humidity 65%)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden rainout on AirSense 11
With the changing of the seasons, has your room temperature and/or the humidity changed? A 65% ambient humidity of your room seems high.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
dovaleh;
I had a similar problem .. I thought My climateline had gone bad ..
Turned out to be a humidity and temperture change ..  I reduced 
the AS 11s humidity setting and bought a hose cover .. End of 
problem !! You might try this first it is alot cheaper then a new 
climateline .. 
Good Luck ..
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if there is something quirky about ResMed tubing. When I first go to bed, the heated humidifier tubing does heat up; I can feel the warmth when I touch it with my hand. But a few hours later the tubing no longer feels warm...which could lead to rainout.

Have you noticed this, too? And did the problem go away when you got new tubing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Dr. Bob;
My AS 11 tube also heats and then seems to stop ..
But I have had rainout only once when the room cooled down 
below 45 or 50 degrees .. My machine is set on Auto ..
I thought the heater in the tube quit but it is working ..
I think the machine turns on the tube heater at start up
then senses room temp and adjusts to that ..
Good Luck ..
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2023, 09:50 PM)Dr.Bob Wrote: I wonder if there is something quirky about ResMed tubing. When I first go to bed, the heated humidifier tubing does heat up; I can feel the warmth when I touch it with my hand. But a few hours later the tubing no longer feels warm...which could lead to rainout.

Have you noticed this, too? And did the problem go away when you got new tubing?

When you say that it’s working, do you mean that you’re not having rainout, or that you can tell the heater continues to heat?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Dr. Bob;
Not having rainout ..  If the room temperture drops the tube does warm up !!
Post Reply Post Reply
"bought a hose cover"

Pardon for interjecting, but I'm having some issues too: how does a tube cover help?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2023, 10:40 AM)Lucky7 Wrote: "bought a hose cover"

Pardon for interjecting, but I'm having some issues too: how does a tube cover help?

Keeps hose internals closer to constant as the cover shields the hose from large temperature and humidity differentials between inside and outside changes.
Worked for me too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 214 Yesterday, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 164 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 129 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 329 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  How to prevent rainout? Dariex 6 193 04-08-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 144 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 177 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.