Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: H5i
Humidifier: ResMed S9
CPAP Pressure: 7-10
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Super Sensitive Skin
Been wearing my cpap for one long year now and can finally get 6-7 hours of sleep nightly with normally a 0.3 AHI.

My problem is I wake up about several times during the night with my Wisp nasal mask bugging me so badly. I ordered the "Mask Line Wisp" from [link to Pad A Cheek website removed] and it's difficult to get it to stay put. I have a bit of claustrophobia and any less air makes it impossible to get to sleep.

I also have a problem with my cloth side straps as it feels like it's stuck to my face. I've started cutting my up cotton t-shirts and putting those squares between the straps and my head, which works fairly well. I ordered the "Wisp Side Strap Pads" from [link to Pad A Cheek website removed] and they weren't much better, so I went back to the t-shirts. It helps to change out the squares during the night, maybe because they are cooler.

1. Is there a better wisp nasal mask cover available?
2. Is there a cotton side strap cover available?
3. Is there a way to make the air cooler from my ResMed H5i and S9, as the distilled ice water melts fast?

Thanks,
NeerDeth

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
12-08-2015 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Possum Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense Autoset A10
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: (included in CPAP model)
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Innovo CMS-50F+ pulse oximeter

RE: Super Sensitive Skin
(12-08-2015 03:15 PM)NeerDeth Wrote:  3. Is there a way to make the air cooler from my ResMed H5i and S9, as the distilled ice water melts fast?

I can't help with the mask liner questions, but I did want to let you know that if you are actually icing your distilled water, then you are just making it more difficult to enjoy the benefits of humidity in your therapy. The water has to be heated to increase its vapor pressure, and then this vaporized water is swept through the air stream into your respiratory system. If you are icing the water, the machine is expending a great deal of energy to melt the ice, and then further heat the liquid water until its vapor pressure is sufficient to add humidity to the air stream. So, in short, all you're doing is increasing the time and amount of energy needed to have the benefits of humidity.

If air temperature is a problem, you would probably be better off using room temperature water and putting the humidifier to a lower setting.
12-08-2015 03:29 PM
NeerDeth Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed

Other Comments:

(12-08-2015 03:29 PM)Possum Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 03:15 PM)NeerDeth Wrote:  3. Is there a way to make the air cooler from my ResMed H5i and S9, as the distilled ice water melts fast?

I can't help with the mask liner questions, but I did want to let you know that if you are actually icing your distilled water, then you are just making it more difficult to enjoy the benefits of humidity in your therapy. The water has to be heated to increase its vapor pressure, and then this vaporized water is swept through the air stream into your respiratory system. If you are icing the water, the machine is expending a great deal of energy to melt the ice, and then further heat the liquid water until its vapor pressure is sufficient to add humidity to the air stream. So, in short, all you're doing is increasing the time and amount of energy needed to have the benefits of humidity.

If air temperature is a problem, you would probably be better off using room temperature water and putting the humidifier to a lower setting.

The warm air also makes me claustrophobic, I turned the heat completely off. I live in Florida, so I have plenty of humidity all year.
12-08-2015 04:26 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
cate1898 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One 560BT Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10's/backup-DreamWear
Humidifier: PR attached
CPAP Pressure: 8.5 - 13. A-Flex 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Began CPAP Therapy Sept. 11, 2015. Hx Hypertension, Post Graves Disease, chronic migraines.

Sex: Female

Welcome to ApneaBoard NeerDeth! Glad you found us. You will be able to get lots of advice from experienced CPAP users here. Good luck improving your therapy!

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
12-08-2015 07:19 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi NeerDeth,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more suggestions.

trish6hundred
12-08-2015 07:48 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
NeerDeth Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed

Other Comments:

Thank you very much...good to find a forum like this.
12-09-2015 10:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  sensitive teeth tooth ache alfiepops 9 240 12-05-2016 08:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question [Symptoms] The tip of my nose is sensitive using the Amara View mask Rousseau21 19 2,548 06-15-2016 02:03 PM
Last Post: BostonGuy2016
  Dry red skin due to full face mask filo4u 5 514 06-06-2016 10:36 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  AirSense 10 -- Too sensitive daveasu 12 2,683 03-10-2016 09:16 AM
Last Post: _cy_
Thumbsup Skin irritation from mask seal: solved grumbledore 0 567 02-29-2016 03:09 PM
Last Post: grumbledore
  skin rash justbreathe 3 773 10-07-2015 11:26 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Angry Resmed Quattro Full Face Mask skin irritation Mike1980 6 1,878 04-06-2015 11:24 PM
Last Post: Tez62