Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Super Sensitive Skin
Super Sensitive Skin
Been wearing my cpap for one long year now and can finally get 6-7 hours of sleep nightly with normally a 0.3 AHI.

My problem is I wake up about several times during the night with my Wisp nasal mask bugging me so badly. I ordered the "Mask Line Wisp" from [link to Pad A Cheek website removed] and it's difficult to get it to stay put. I have a bit of claustrophobia and any less air makes it impossible to get to sleep.

I also have a problem with my cloth side straps as it feels like it's stuck to my face. I've started cutting my up cotton t-shirts and putting those squares between the straps and my head, which works fairly well. I ordered the "Wisp Side Strap Pads" from [link to Pad A Cheek website removed] and they weren't much better, so I went back to the t-shirts. It helps to change out the squares during the night, maybe because they are cooler.

1. Is there a better wisp nasal mask cover available?
2. Is there a cotton side strap cover available?
3. Is there a way to make the air cooler from my ResMed H5i and S9, as the distilled ice water melts fast?

Thanks,
NeerDeth

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Super Sensitive Skin
(12-08-2015, 03:15 PM)NeerDeth Wrote: 3. Is there a way to make the air cooler from my ResMed H5i and S9, as the distilled ice water melts fast?

I can't help with the mask liner questions, but I did want to let you know that if you are actually icing your distilled water, then you are just making it more difficult to enjoy the benefits of humidity in your therapy. The water has to be heated to increase its vapor pressure, and then this vaporized water is swept through the air stream into your respiratory system. If you are icing the water, the machine is expending a great deal of energy to melt the ice, and then further heat the liquid water until its vapor pressure is sufficient to add humidity to the air stream. So, in short, all you're doing is increasing the time and amount of energy needed to have the benefits of humidity.

If air temperature is a problem, you would probably be better off using room temperature water and putting the humidifier to a lower setting.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2015, 03:29 PM)Possum Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 03:15 PM)NeerDeth Wrote: 3. Is there a way to make the air cooler from my ResMed H5i and S9, as the distilled ice water melts fast?

I can't help with the mask liner questions, but I did want to let you know that if you are actually icing your distilled water, then you are just making it more difficult to enjoy the benefits of humidity in your therapy. The water has to be heated to increase its vapor pressure, and then this vaporized water is swept through the air stream into your respiratory system. If you are icing the water, the machine is expending a great deal of energy to melt the ice, and then further heat the liquid water until its vapor pressure is sufficient to add humidity to the air stream. So, in short, all you're doing is increasing the time and amount of energy needed to have the benefits of humidity.

If air temperature is a problem, you would probably be better off using room temperature water and putting the humidifier to a lower setting.

The warm air also makes me claustrophobic, I turned the heat completely off. I live in Florida, so I have plenty of humidity all year.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard NeerDeth! Glad you found us. You will be able to get lots of advice from experienced CPAP users here. Good luck improving your therapy!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi NeerDeth,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much...good to find a forum like this.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Skin treatment for mouth taping? GaspForAir 2 1,243 09-25-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [CPAP] Sensitive skin conphil 4 434 09-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: conphil
Question Newbie and using OSCAR - SUPER LOST and looking for advice DaveHirschler 26 2,080 08-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: DaveHirschler
  Sensitive to flow limitation after 6h of sleep McPhearson99 9 1,175 07-11-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  [CPAP] Super tired and could use help Cmills13 3 492 04-07-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Skin irritation with Evora full face mask misajon 0 767 02-02-2023, 01:11 PM
Last Post: misajon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.