Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Supplier with poor service
Supplier with poor service
I am having trouble with the supplier company providing me with a cpap machine.The respitory therapist does not show up for appointments for a first time initial set up of cpap machine.  It’s been thirty days since this company has received the prescription. Anything I can do, or a place where I can file a complaint?

TR
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Supplier with poor service
You might mention this to your health insurance. They may not want to be associated with poor service like this.

I'd also ask insurance for another DME near you that is in network. Shop elsewhere. This is not a good patient/DME relationship, and I'd guess it will not improve miraculously later. Move on.
  • Call insurance for another DME contact that's in network
  • Call/visit the new DME to get an idea if they're better than last one, repeat until you find suitable DME
  • Call the doc's office that is providing the script, request a new copy of script be sent to new DME
  • Call the DME frequently to keep them on-track for providing your machine, don't quit calling to remind them you are waiting on a needed device
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree, call your insurance and get a list of providers that they contract with. You can choose someone else.
It's much harder to do once you accept a machine.

Also, request a copy of your sleep study and prescription.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is important to get an electronic copy of your prescription and sleep study. These times make it difficult to actually go to a DME, but you can research DME's in your network and get reviews, Yelp, Google, etc. Just make sure they are in your insurance network.

Once you have a DME(s) you might want to use, call them and tell them what you want. It is important to find one you "think" will support you. You can then send them the prescription by email, or maybe by text.

When my doctor wrote a prescription, his office was just going to send it out to any of the approved sources, probably the closest one, without any thought as to whether this DME is bad or this one is even worse. The truth is they really don't care. It is just shuffling paper along. I was lucky to have found a really good one, that the doctor's office didn't even know existed. I passed the DME's contact info back to my doctor's office.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 169 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 251 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 875 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,209 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 853 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Could anyone help with my recent poor quality of sleep? invainn 5 541 12-16-2023, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.