Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Swift FX Nano
RE: Swift FX Nano
The Nuance (both versions) has a wide back head strap that, for me, does not cause any contact pain. On the Nuance non-pro, there are side adjustments at the upper cheeks/temples but even on my side, they've not left any marks nor pressed against my trigger points on my temples or scalp. However, the Nuance Pro's gel pads (on the cheeks) did.

I tried the P10 and had problems with something on the headgear digging into my cheek. The headgear was too tight with no adjustments possible. With your head issues, you may not like this.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...8#pid65398

I used the Swift LT for a while. It has a low back strap but the placement of the pillows is not overly dependent on it. I don't have any memory of it causing pain, although I did have facial marks on my cheeks. No tenderness, just marks.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh wow. So this caused pain for you? But you said on your cheeks? Hmm.... What do you use right now? What would you suggest trying that won't give neck and head pain?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your best bet is to go to a DME and try on a bunch of them and see where they sit for you. Nasal pillow headgear is MUCH different than FFM headgear. It is minimal and not as tight. It can't be since all the pressure is on your nose, not your cheeks or face.

What works for me or Herb may not work for you.

Like, the P10 has minimalistic headgear which may work well for you. But then the straps are so thin, when they are pulling tight, the pressure is not spread out enough and can dig in. Or maybe it won't pull tight for you if your head is shaped a certain way. And the Nuance has that wide back strap so the pressure is spread out. But it sits a little lower than the P10s and may put pressure back where you don't want it.

And I use the Nuance.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Like Paula says, get to the dme and try them on, as many as they will let you, you have to find the one that you like. If that doesn't work buy from one of the suppliers that allows 30 day returns and keep trying them till you find the winner.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you guys! You've been very helpful! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yes we are indeed awesome sauce Thanks
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 585 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  Swift FX EmaNTD 3 855 09-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: JJJ
  ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 5 911 08-14-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Mask Request: Opus 360/Swift Fx hybrid Universeonwheels 0 668 05-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
  Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX PaulaBunyan 4 975 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swift FX or N30i macheta 5 2,211 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  ResMed Swift problems Pizzafoundry 4 1,323 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.