Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] T20 Smart Watch for oximetry data
T20 Smart Watch for oximetry data
Hi
Has anyone every used something similar to
ebay t20 smart watch (Unable to post a link as I don't have 4 posts to my name.
to monitor their co2 and O2 levels?
As a side note my Doctor thinks there is another 'lung' problem and would like more 24/7 monitoring so I was thinking this is more practical than the other Oximetry devices that sit on your finger and plug into a watch like device.

Anything besides the $1,500+ Resmed model

Thanks
Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: T20 Smart Watch for oximetry data
(01-08-2019, 11:09 PM)freddyfl209 Wrote: Hi
As a side note my Doctor thinks there is another 'lung' problem and would like more 24/7 monitoring so I was thinking this is more practical than the other Oximetry devices that sit on your finger and plug into a watch like device.

Thanks
Fred

Fred,

Four things:

One, you need to think about accuracy if you are trying to confirm a diagnosis and you need to be able to convey the results in a meaningful way via a report because most doctors will not have the equipment compatibility or the willingness to play with the data. Your best bet is to ask the doctor for an acceptable medical-grade, not consumer-grade monitoring system and see if it can be rented and reimbursed by insurance.

Two, if you are speaking about the ResMed oximetry adapter for your APAP, the ResMed Oximetry device functions with the APAP and you are tethered to the oximeter. So the 24/7 criteria is not possible using the oximetry adapter for your APAP. As for making the cost more reasonable, contact Kevin Cooper at Supplier #19 (from the supplier list on the top navigation bar) for your options. He is my oximetry go-to guy.

Three, there are a number of 24/7 solutions at decent prices. Make sure your doctor approves, your device is PC compatible, comes with report software, and you purchase from a vendor who stands behind their product.

Four, if you have a heart arrhythmia, the HR function of a device may not read correctly, so check if there are any impediments to using your chosen device.

It has been my experience that there are significant data drops outs with wrist-devices and that the resolution (number of samples per second) varies widely. I have never attempted to monitor my CO2 level, only O2 level.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2019, 11:09 PM)freddyfl209 Wrote: Hi

Thanks
Fred

Fred, be aware the site rules prohibit links to commercial sales, but the name of the product and name of site without the URL is plenty to help find it. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules

The T20 watches are incredibly inexpensive (cheap?) and like Srlevine, I think may not be reliable for your intended use. Supplier #19 has proven to be a well-priced but knowledgeable source for many forum members.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the #19 (Sweet and sour Beef) recommendation.
Problem #1, wrong country
Problem #2, unsuitable for 24/7 readings and monitoring due to the finger probe.

I was wondering if anyone has or does use some kind of so-called smart watch/bracelet with heart rate, O2, BP readings. I can easily find something that is a fitness monitor with pedometer and stuff, maybe heart rate. Most from what I can tell need to link with your mobile phone.
This model T20, software or app sucks. It had a score of 2.5 on the google store, then was unsuitable for my tablet. No mention in the eBay ad.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
#1 Cooper does ship to Canada and the USA - you haven't told us where you are. The Contec oximeters are also available from several other suppliers.
#2 As far as I know, all medically certified oximeters use some form of finger probe, although I admit the Contec one is particularly unpleasant over a long period. There is one new one that uses a thumb mounted probe; I'm not sure how well it works.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,477 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,465 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 732 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 539 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.