Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] TIME/DATE - ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10
TIME/DATE - ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10
Here is a curious question that I was asked about a ResMed device.

Today is March 17, 2018 (Happy St. Patrick's Day) and 12:55 p.m. ...

(1)  Should the clock read March 18 because ResMed considers a new day to start at 12:00 p.m. or should it read the correct date March 17, 2018?

(2)  On March 17th, should MyAir show the correct sleep data displayed on the machine as a "Saturday, March 17) date or should it have been March 16th?

My original answer was that the clock should always be set to the current local date and time. -- However, the user can't set the clock back one day per the device's error detection process? So if the date is wrong, how does one overcome the machine's objections and reset the day backward by one?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: TIME/DATE - ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10
My Resmed 10 shows the correct date displayed. It records data for the night that sleep commences (ie - it has already created a folder for the data of 3/17/18 on the SD card). You cannot set the date back to a day that data is already recorded. You can skip a complete day of use, then set the date, or I think you can erase all data and do it then.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine reads the correct day date as Saturday 17th of March. My session this evening will start at 22:00 on the 17th, and will be attributed to Saturday 17th. The session after midnight will also be attributed to Sat 17th even though it actually occurred on Sunday the 18th.

If you machine is a day ahead of its self there are two ways of fixing this issue delete all of the data then set the clock correctly. Or before you go to bed set the clock back as many hours as the machine will allow bearing in mind you cannot move the time back over any data that is already been written. You may find it takes you a number of days to get the date and time correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only way I know to overcome the date set back is to reformat the SD card. I would suggest that you copy all data from it first.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys ... it appears that MyAir accepts the device's data as is --- GIGO!
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Just tried the reformat of the SD card ONLY -- and I still get the same error telling me that I cannot set a date in the past.

However, using the clinician's menu, I selected "Erase Data" and the date reset worked -- and then the card was automatically reformatted.

There is no cumulative or session data remaining on the card but curiously the two empty folders in the DataLog folder are labeled 20180317 and 20180318 (which was the erroneous date). 

There is a newly-written  SETTINGS file -- containing all of the settings dated 3/17/2018. All of the settings were verified as correct using ResScan. 

Also curious is all of the files in the top-level directory are dated 3/18/2018 -- even though the card was reformatted twice (once by my pc and once by the device) on 3/17/2018 which indicates an issue with ResMed's software. 

Will report the results of tonight's sleep (using ResScan, Sleepyhead, and MyAir) I am curious to find if the current 3/17 entry on AirView is overwritten by the new 3/17 data.

** UPDATE -- CONTINUING THE SAGA

(1) I found the cause of the data error -- (blind and stupid, what a combination) -- I accidentally set the date forward one day on the last "spring ahead" Daylight Savings Time change and since the device allows forward dates without error, the dirty deed was done without my noticing.

(2)  After using the clinician's menu to erase all data and reformatting the SD card, I re-set the date without issue or warning ...

(a)  The device showed the correct date/time/and overnight sleep data.
(b)  ResScan noted the duplicative data for the same date and asked me if I wanted to overwrite the old data. I said "yes" and all was well.
©  Sleepyhead has a few bugs:  one, the system did not note duplicate date's data and added the new data to the old data without asking. Thinking I would re-build the data, I tried that and no joy -- the data doubled itself.  Then I decided to delete the current day's data and reimport.

-- Data
----Advanced
----Purge Current Selected Day
After the "Nothing Here" message displays ...
---File
----Import Data

And all was well.

(d) MyAir was a major issue.  

One, I got an error message on sign-in "Your account does not have a machine serial number associated with it. Without a serial number and device number, myAir can't retrieve your sleep data." 

Two, I received an e-mail from "MyAir" that said, "The serial number of the machine you had on file with myAir previously had a relationship with a provider. That provider has removed this machine from your account so it has also been removed from your myAir account. To continue using myAir, please sign in at https://myair.resmed.com/. You will be prompted to provide the new serial and device number of the machine you are currently using. The serial and device numbers can be found on the back of your machine."

Three, I re-entered the serial number and device number from the back of the machine and all of my sleep data appeared -- including the erroneous day's data. I tied a hard power reset (pulled the plug) to see if the device would resend the data. No joy!! It may be an issue of timing, but I am filing a bug report anyway.

Best Practices: (1) Do not screw up the date and time.
(2) If you do erase all the data, be prepared for ALL the consequences.
(3) Consider becoming a Zen master rather than a perfectionist.
Post Reply Post Reply
The start time of the "day" is noon.
The start time of the session, according to the data, is the calendar day it started, not when it ended.

So if you go to bed at 9pm March 17th and get up on the 18th, the data will be set to the 17th.

I don't see a reason to set the clock back an entire day unless it removes any confusion for the user. I don't go to bed until well after midnight so to me, I went to bed on the 18th so, dangit, why doesn't the data match? Because even I get up before noon. Most days.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Re: my ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset (which I use as my back-up, very rarely)

So... I should've just not changed it for daylight saving... but I did. :-( And now it says the wrong day. It's a day ahead.

Using the tips above, I adjusted it backwards in time. It would only let me adjust backwards to noon of tomorrow. So now what? Tomorrow should it let me adjust it backwards more?
Post Reply Post Reply
Befrore you start your machine tonight. Move it back to noon again and repeat until the time is correct may take a few days. Or as it is your backup machine, erase all data from the machine then reset date and time.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's my back-up.  I can leave it plugged in, and keep trying to move time back. Thanks!  I'll give that a try.

I don't know how to erase the data.  I may resort to that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 468 2 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,919 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 408 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 91 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,319 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.