Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Terrible leaks with AirFit P10 mask
Question 
Terrible leaks with AirFit P10 mask
I've started using the ResMed AirFit P10, and it seems to work great for me, apart from all the leaks I've been having (see attached).

I tried both the medium and large cushions (and seem to have marginally fewer leaks with the mediums, depending on the night). I've also tried tightening and loosening the strap on the headgear to varying degrees.

Is there anything else I could try that might help reduce the leaks? Or is it time to start looking for a different mask?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Terrible leaks with AirFit P10 mask
It's likely the leak is through your mouth. You need to keep your mouth closed, lips sealed. You can practice placing your tongue so that it forms an effective seal against the teeth and palate. Alternatively, consider taping your lips, a soft collar or chin strap. Or change to a full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use the Airfit P10, and Ihave a lot of problems with leaks, and a good part of the problem is the high pressures that I need. You can find the pressures you are using from the OSCAR data, and it's also available from the display on the machine. As TonyVivaldi52 mntioned, leaks through the mouth are highly common, and a chin strap is a good solution. For a chin strap you can buy commercial models, or you can just make your own from some stout elastic available at fabric stores. The cin strap is an inexpensive experiment, so if it doesn't work you're not out a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Res Med website says that the P10 is only pressure-rated for 12,  I tried it at 15 and got a bit of leakage.
Some are having success under higher pressure, I would think it would come down to the shape of your face
and how tight you are wearing it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,523 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 7 524 04-11-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 442 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,555 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,483 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,906 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 340 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.