Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New - Could someone take a look?
New - Could someone take a look?
Hello, new Cpap user.  Would appreciate if someone could look over my chart and see what I need changed.  I assume I need to bump up my min pressure.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New - Could someone take a look?
Looks good. Set pressure from 8 to 12 and activate mode "soft". Turn off ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Set min pressure to 6-8 max to 12-16, epr 1-2, ramp off or if you feel min pressure is uncomfortable turn ramp on at 5 cmh2o for 15 min, do not turn on auto ramp
Post Reply Post Reply
The variation in pressure is coming from flow limitation. You can enjoy lower, more steady pressures, and much more comfort by implementing exhale pressure relief (EPR) on your Autoset. My suggestion based on your results is Autoset Mode, Minimum pressure 7.0, Maximum pressure, 10.0, EPR ON, Full Time, Setting 3, No Ramp.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A new CPAPer who has results this good this soon, is pretty rare IMO. I suggest doing as sleeprider advises. He is Top Gun.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2022, 03:28 PM)clownbell Wrote: A new CPAPer who has results this good this soon, is pretty rare IMO. I suggest doing as sleeprider advises. He is Top Gun.

Only a week in, but it also feels like the worst sleep I've ever gotten as well. Hopefully it improves with dialing in these settings.

Adjusted a few settings last night, pretty rough night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limit only reduced from 0.1 to 0.09. With the clustered events you need to look at your sleep position. If you are using multiple pillows, level things out to avoid chin-tuckiing. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.