Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] The Risks of Buying from an online supplier
The Risks of Buying from an online supplier
I thought I would save a few Dollars by buying a new oxygen concentrator from Mr Bezos online Emporium.  This EverFlo with OPI was offered as new.  Here's how it arrived.  Note the broken mating between front and rear housing.  I think this machine has been apart.  New?

[Image: jiIw0rb.jpg]

[Image: Xs8kM7F.jpg]

[Image: DuuWqIA.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Risks of Buying from an online supplier
Have you reported the damage and requested to return the machine? Amazon has very good A-Z protection program that would cover this damage and result in a full refund or replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found Amazon to be exceptionally responsive to issues. Report this they will get you a return authorization, and make things right for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did that first thing. Anyone have any idea how old SN 0106551 would be?
Run hours show 7.1 hours.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
YIKES! That there's some scary product fail!

Was it sold by Amazon or one of Amazon's outside "marketplace" suppliers selling through the site? Just curious. Most all Amazon returns go smoothly (Bought from Amazon or shipped by Amazon through Prime), outside "marketplace" vendors where the returns have to go back directly to the outside vendor, well, I think those can vary.

7.1 hours also doesn't exactly sound "new" to me, but I don't know what kind of factory testing those would have to go through? In any case, that should never have made it out the door with that damaged case.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
3rd party retailer; non-prime. I now have an RMA.

I now believe it is "new" old stock. Since the Styrofoam that held it inside the box was broken, I think it was broken by rough handling.
Not sure the carrier did it. Could have been bounced around before shipping to me.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 136 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 679 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,462 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 531 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 333 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 802 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  best canadian online cpap stores? is cpap outlet legit ? michelbeaini 1 1,148 07-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.