Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] The final days of my AirSense 10
The final days of my AirSense 10
(or how I got an early AirSense 11)

I had a colonoscopy on 5/28/2021 -- my second, ever. I knew from the first time that the anesthesiologists seem not-very-interested in letting the patient actually use  PAP during the procedure, despite the patient instructions being YES, BRING YOUR PAP, but this time, the anesthesiologist was adamant. "I'll take care of you."

"Well, what does that mean?  Will you have to wake me, mid-procedure, like last time?"

"Yes, but I can start an airway..."

"Whoa, whoa. Like, intubation?  Why would you do that, when the PAP will make that unnecessary?"

"That's just how we do it."

After not eating for a day, and two previous preps that led nowhere due to COVID-19, there's only so far you want to push things. Of course, the anesthesiologist had to wake me just long enough to get my O2 sats up, then, back to sleep. No airway was started, and my AirSense 10 sat right there in its travel bag, unopened, unused.

That afternoon, I slept poorly. The machine didn't seem to be delivering enough pressure. My roommate said she heard me snoring. I checked the date I received the A10. It was exactly five years and two weeks. Sure enough, ResMed says the expected useful life of the product is five years. Huh, imagine that. The insurance company will also pay for a new machine once every five years. Surely, this is merely coincidental.

So, weeks of fighting every bureaucratic functionary I encountered (a topic I'm sure has been covered, and we should organize some lobbying efforts to FIX THIS), I finally got the AirSense 11. That's a harangue for another thread that hopefully some of you have already started, but look at the OSCAR data for the period of time before and after the colonoscopy, which was the first time in several years that the A10 was unplugged for several hours (attached).

Comments?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The final days of my AirSense 10
I really don't see what you're trying to show on the chart. How many hours on the S10? Mine is overdue as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would probably help if I knew what the color keys mean in OSCAR, but TTIA and Leaks recorded went from zero to non-zero. 

What particular parameters would be more useful in figuring out what went wrong with the A10, looking at this period of time?

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you saying it stopped working?  5 years and 2 week later.  

Are you going to repair it and use it as a backup?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
It's working inconsistently. It seems to not be delivering enough pressure at times, as I have awakened from deep snores. And yes, this started at five years, two weeks.

I'll hang onto it, but not sure how to troubleshoot and repair it.

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually when I see that happen I blame the mask not the machine.

But then everything mask related to TooDamnBig on me and a constant struggle, and then I sometimes just lose the struggle! And when that happens my numbers look like that!

I was a devoted Dreamwear fangirrl for 2-1/2 years -- and when I finally changed to an F30 I realized that the Dreamwear was a nightmare on me!

Oh -- quick question -- I have heard that the separate ForHer model has been folded into the Air11. Is it still called "ForHer" on the settings selector? Can you find it at all?

(I must admit that I am totally gobsmacked by the idea that ResMed invented something that's a brilliant advancement for the subgroup who can benefit from it, and then ResMed deliberately hides the fact that some of the people who can benefit from it are male. The idea that the company can be so brilliant and so totally boneheaded stupid simultaneously is just astonishing.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2021, 12:23 AM)cathyf Wrote: Oh -- quick question -- I have heard that the separate ForHer model has been folded into the Air11. Is it still called "ForHer" on the settings selector? Can you find it at all?

Yes -- it's under the "Mode" submenu. 

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 339 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,728 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 904 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.