Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty
Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty
Currently I am using a Resmed F30. I think for my pressures 19/16 it's not working out so well but I find it the most comfortable and best fitting of the masks I've tried including the Dreamware and an Amara product I can't remember the name of.

Here's my issues with the F30.
First is the headgear lasts me about 3 months before the velcro starts to go. In Canada just the replacement headgear is $60 and I have no insurance so everything is out of pocket.
But the biggest problem is the vent, air being pushed over my eyes which gives me bad migraines.
It's the same reason I can't sleep with a fan or an open window. Cool breezes over my eyes give me the worst headaches.

I am a mouth breather even though I start off breathing through my nose.

I was thinking of trying the Mirage Liberty or the Fisher & Paykel Flexifit 432 to give me a better fit with my weird nose and I am very curious about the under chin design of the F&P.
I have wide nostrils but and a fat nose that droops down.

Also looking at the Mirage Quattro.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty
Are you sure it's vented air hitting your eyes? I have never seen a mask that vents in that direction. It sounds more like leaks around the mask to me, something I too suffer from at times.

An eye mask might help.

I'm also puzzled by the problem you're having with the velcro on the straps. I have never had that happen. Usually, I find the straps themselves lose their elasticity eventually, but I get many months out of each set of headgear, perhaps six or more.

A possible explanation is that you're overtightening the straps? This can cause leaks around the mask cushion, so maybe both of your problems have the same cause. Another cause of cushion leaks is uneven tension on the straps.

As for other masks, I'm afraid you're on your own there! Each person's face is different and so I'm afraid what works for me might not for you, and vice versa. The only real way to determine which mask is best for you is to try them all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes one of the complaints about the F30 is the quiet venting in the elbow connection pushing air over the face.  I have gone so far as to glue a a piece of acrylic to the mask to act as a shield.  

I sleep hot and my head sweats so I am always washing the head gear.  I think that wrecks the velcro pretty quick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Face sizes and shapes are different from one person to another. Not all masks work for all faces. IF there is a highly skilled and experienced person at your DME office, he/she may be able to look carefully at the size and shape of your face and nose, and then suggest masks that will fit you. That's a big IF but worth a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also considering the Mirage Liberty. I've tried many masks and the P30i is my favourite, but I couldn't stop the mouth leaks. I ended up with the F30i, but the durability is not great. The velcro does not last, the straps stretch out quickly and I have an issue with the nose cushion buckling under my nose, making it difficult to breathe at times.

The Mirage Liberty looks industrial and has discreet nasal pillows, so it should line up with my nostrils better. Amazon doesn't carry it though, so I'm not sure about the maintenance cost. I'm also not sure about the comfort?
Post Reply Post Reply
My Mirage Liberty just arrived. I purchased the Large frame, with the assorted nasal pillows. It came with the medium pillows inserted into the frame and the headgear attached. Since I picked my own package, I assume the vendor assembled the bits and vacuum sealed it. ?

The mouth piece is somewhat rigid and maybe a little wide. I know the straps will need tightened, as the mouthpiece is hovering above my chin. I'm not sure about the nasal pillows, you have to guide them into your nose, as they're free roaming. Hopefully the nasal pillows stay in place during the night.  The headgear is a bit weird, as the skullcap is not attached to the top straps, so it wants to slump to the back of your head. You can pull it into place, but hopefully it won't slide down during the night. It's missing the magnetic clips, but the snaps are not bad. It also has a detachable elbow, which is nice. The headgear seems comfortable, although the velcro could be better. The whole kit even came with its own drawstring bag!?

Hopefully this will be my new mask and not #7 in the trials. ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 376 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] I cannot keep my mask on, and I'm thinking of returning the machine. blakeh36 1 375 11-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 471 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 480 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Thinking I might lower my pressure David Clark 2 611 05-22-2023, 10:00 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Mirage FX mask: Wide or Standard HappyCpappySmile 0 561 08-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: HappyCpappySmile
Surprised Mirage Quatro Cushion cleaning Redorchid2404 7 871 04-12-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.