Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Time/Date Setting
Time/Date Setting
Hello members with a common affliction. I'm new here but I've been on CPAP therapy for over 25 years. My present machine is well over 12 years old and I wanted to get a newer one. OMG, the hassle "they" wanted me to endure. 

Anyway, I just purchased a "used like new" ResMed Air Sense 10 Elite. I've got it pretty much all set up, thanks to your info on "setting your own pressures". I know my pressure because I can find it on my old machine.

I'm confused about where/how to set the time & date. The "clinical" menu doesn't show a date/time setting? As I'm a long time "rouge" user, I'm wondering if the date/time is really necessary?

I'd love to hear opinions/suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time/Date Setting
Welcome to Apnea Board!

One thing, you have to set the date and time before you log in any therapy time.
Once you have therapy data, then trying to change the time and date may erase data.

If you don't yet have any sleep data recorded, then you should be ok.

First, be sure you are in the Clinicians Menu, then select the Settings Menu.
From there you can change the set the date and time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've erased all the previous persons data from the SD card.

I'm sure I'm in the "clinicians" menu, but the date/time option is not among the list.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know how to explain that, but have heard that different countries may have slightly different menu options.  But seems odd that the time and date would not be available.

Do you have a Clinicians Manual?  Order it here:

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

EDIT:  Check "Essentials" in the Clinicians Menu.  Is it set to on or plus?
Set it to Plus...more items will show up for viewing.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have these instructions which I've followed:

[b]ResMed A10 Series (AirSense 10 AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite, CPAP, AirCurve 10 VAuto, S, ST, ASV, & CS PaceWave): [/b]For Setup Instructions.

The "dial" can be turned or pushed. The button below the screen with the house icon is called the "home" button.
To access the clinician menu, press the dial and the home buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
The clinician menu will appear.
Select parameter(s) you wish to modify with the dial (push down to select, turn to modify). When done, press the dial and home buttons for 3 seconds again, or find the "exit clinical menu" option in the menus. 

That being said, I see no option to set time/date.
As I mentioned before, do I really need the time/date? What is the advantage?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2023, 10:56 AM)MoneyPit1946 Wrote: As I mentioned before, do I really need the time/date? What is the advantage?

No, you don't really need it. Now, there are some folk here on AB that would disagree as they like to see everything right down to the second. For example, comparing therapy data with O2 data. Or some use sleep therapy devices like Apple Watches (just an example) and like to compare data and time on those devices with their sleep data on OSCAR.

Me? I don't particularly care if my pap machine doesn't keep good time. Nor do I get excited about "Daylight Savings Time", which then makes the time on the Pap machine an hour off.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree totally.
Case closed.  Smile
Dave Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I found the date/time setting. This place rocks!  Smile
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You mentioned deleting the data on the SD card, but it also needs to be erased in the clinical menu. At the bottom of the menu options is Erase Data. Select that and erase all user data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 31 1,099 04-26-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Montacute
  F40 Mask Setting MrIvanDrago 5 129 04-25-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  VAuto Trigger Setting MrIvanDrago 2 84 04-25-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 3 131 04-25-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: nicchamilton
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,165 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 117 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 110 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.