Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Time ZONE How do I change the end of day time on dreamstation Bipap Pro?
Time ZONE How do I change the end of day time on dreamstation Bipap Pro?
I am a long time Bipap user (30+ years) who recently got a new machine, a dreamstation Bipap Pro.
In general I am happy with this machine but there is a problem with its reporting function.
The machine divides days at noon.
While I live in central Florida (US Eastern Time), my normal wake/sleep schedule is more like California  (US Pacific Time - 3 hours later)
So I normally go to sleep at 4 or 5 AM Eastern time and wake at noon or 1 PM eastern time.
But my Dreamstation does not understand this, so it often tells me on waking that I got only 0.2 or 1.5 hours of sleep last night.
I need a way to adjust the date divider to change at 2 or 3 PM instead of local noon.
I have looked through all of the manuals and internet advice and cant find how to do this.

Thanks for any help,

Mike Lukacs
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time ZONE How do I change the end of day time on dreamstation Bipap Pro?
Unfortunately, there is no way to reset that. A Cpap time for a day is from noon to noon.

So if you go to bed at 5am, and wake at 1pm, then any time after noon will show up on the next days statistics.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
either go to bed 1 hour earlier and get up at 11:59am or change the time setting in the machine to pacific time. this'll allow you to keep continuous sleep sessions reporting on the same day. then either ignore the time stamps in oscar or do the mental clock math if you need that much detail.

edit: that's assuming you can set the time in the dreamstation. I haven't used a PR machine and I may have read here that you can't set the time?
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought only the Resmed machines split at noon. Does your Dreamstation have a clock setting, or is this an OSCAR problem?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t think there is a way to set the time on a DreamStation. There is no actual clock.
He can, as sheepless said, reset the machine to pacific time, even though he is on eastern time.

Let us know if that works.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DreamStation displays the same thing when I get up after noon. However, on SleepyHead it displays as one complete session.

Maybe OSCAR does too, but I'm holding out for the second version to come out, plus a couple of months to work out any big bugs on that. It's an adaptation I've learned from adopting Microsoft operating systems over the years, for two reasons:
  1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  2. Wait for Service Pack 2, plus 6 months.
That said, I think the crew developing OSCAR is doing the apnea world a great service. Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, SH could move any sleep after 12 noon to the correct sleeptime. As in if I slept from 4am Fri to 1pm Fri, it kept it all on Friday. OSCAR, however, cannot do that. The noon to 1pm is moved to the Saturday dataset.

What I do is on Saturday, I deselect that time frame so I can see the proper data. Yes, I lose an hour of data for the previous day but, shrug, what's a hosehead to do?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well then, I think I'll stick with SleepyHead for the time being, as I seem to be in a different timezone sleepwise from my geographical location. I've been getting up regularly after noon because, as you can see from the time stamp on my previous post above, though supposedly in an Eastern Standard Time zone, I'm only getting to bed at what in military parlance they call a pre-dawn raid time.

Anybody know if our swell OSCAR devs are planning on making that work in the next version?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2019, 10:38 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I don’t think there is a way to set the time on a DreamStation.  There is no actual clock.  
He can, as sheepless said, reset the machine to pacific time, even though he is on eastern time.  

Let us know if that works.

It is unfortunate that day boundary is immovably set to noon, Someone at respironics  should be smart enough to improve their programming so that it does not end the day until the sleeper wakes.  Big Grin

I tried to just set the machine's date/time to Pacific time but the machine undid my change and reset itself to what IT knew was the correct time for my location, thus the Time Zone question.

Thinking about it I decided that to reset itself it had to be getting the time from some internet time server or from Phillips or from my DME provider, SO I pulled the plug on its WiFi/internet connection!  (actually just turned WiFi off via the software).

Eureka!  It now can no longer fight me and my 2 hours late time setting is staying and the machine will now not end the day before      2 PM my time!

Of course it now cannot communicate with the DME Provider or Phillips-Respironics, but if i want to send a new report to them I can always turn WiFi back on temporarily and then reset the time to my preference after turning it off again.

Thanks for your help and concern,
      Mike Lukacs    (damn near patient #1 for OSA, diagnosed 30 years  ago by the guys who wrote the book.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for giving us an update. I was wondering if the machine was “smart enough” to know what time zone it was in, and you have now confirmed that.

Just curious, when you said you pulled the plug on the WiFi connection, do you mean though DreamMapper, or did you have a Modem connected to your machine that you pulled?
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 58 900 1 hour ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 4 122 2 hours ago
Last Post: dharma2255
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 165 9 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 121 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.