Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Time to upgrade
Cool 
Time to upgrade
Hello everyone... i am on my 5th year of CPAP and it has been going great.. this forum has been so helpful... i am looking to upgrade my equip.. currently have a System One Auto with A Flex and humidifier. looking at Airsense 10 or the new Dream Station... any input would be greatly appreciated.. don't really use the Auto function however while I'm buying might as well...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time to upgrade
Although I am biased toward ResMed machines, I would suggest you stay with the PR machines.
The Dream Station is a fine machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard that the two different brands "feel" different when using them. So if you are doing well with your brand, I would suggest that you stay with it as you seem to like it. Of course you could just be good at tolerating CPAP and changing brand might make a good difference.
Difficult for us to tell, is there any little thing that would make it better if not for ____?
Post Reply Post Reply
The two biggest difference between these two APAPs are the exhalation relieve and how aggressively these machines change the pressure as a reaction or to head off any events. Some say that PR machines respond too slowly. Others say that Resmed machines change pressure so rapidly that it disturbs their sleep...
I can't tell what you's say but I can say that, if the therapy works for you with the current PR machine, unless the DME lets you try out both, you should stick with the brand you are using now.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1

Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto and I have found it to be noisy with a "Darth Vader" sound coming from the humidifier and noise from the intake as well. I have sent my first machine back for Resmed to deal with, and the replacement second will be sent back tomorrow. I will be trialing a Philips System One 60 Series Auto A Flex just to see if there is a difference. The Dream Stations are still a rare beast here in Australia.

James
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone for the info... i will go with the DreamStation. Insurance will not pay so going mail order... no luxury of a DME..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 201 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 613 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,214 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.