Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] "To Do" when acquiring a used CPAP machine- am I missing anything?
Question 
"To Do" when acquiring a used CPAP machine- am I missing anything?
I'm getting a used ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and here's what I plan to do once I get it:

1. Sanitize/clean the machine, hose, and water chamber.
2. Erase all the data on the machine.
3. Set up the pressure and other settings to my prescription setting/preferences and make sure the time and date are both correct.

Is there anything else that I'm forgetting? Please advise. Smile Thanks!

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "To Do" when acquiring a used CPAP machine- am I missing anything?
Do you have the Clinical Guide manual? If so, and you get into the Clinical Menu I believe there is an option to reset everything to factory defaults, and then you can go from there.

https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Post Reply Post Reply
Paul, you should have some filters for replacement, and of course you can delete the SD card as well as reset the User Data on the machine. Resmed has some recommendations for cleaning and sanitizing which are pretty good. You can replace the hose and humidifier chamber if you choose, or put particular attention to cleaning those items. The internals of the air generator do not require anything.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2018, 02:12 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: Do you have the Clinical Guide manual? If so, and you get into the Clinical Menu I believe there is an option to reset everything to factory defaults, and then you can go from there.

https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

I did know about how to erase data in Clinical Mode yes, but thank you. Smile

(03-24-2018, 02:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Paul, you should have some filters for replacement, and of course you can delete the SD card as well as reset the User Data on the machine. Resmed has some recommendations for cleaning and sanitizing which are pretty good. You can replace the hose and humidifier chamber if you choose, or put particular attention to cleaning those items. The internals of the air generator do not require anything.

Ah, I hadn't thought about the SD card... I would have to put the SD card into a card reader in my computer to erase it, right?

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can erase everything or format to FAT32.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To keep it light, DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 309 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 629 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,742 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.