Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Purchased this for travel only and am concerned about the Darth Vader noise from my mask when I inhale. I see someone has made a muffler for theirs. What do the rest of you do about the noise. At home I use a Remed S9 and there is no noise that I can hear. Thanks....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
You can try using an inline viral/bacteria filter, it cuts that noise down quite a bit. The HDM company, the people that make the Z1, is coming out with an in line muffler for the Z1 sometime this summer. It will be interesting to see if you can use it for the Transcend. The muffler I made for my Transcend works real well eliminating Darth Vader. But try the inline viral filter, it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2015, 10:13 PM)Eleong2 Wrote: You can try using an inline viral/bacteria filter, it cuts that noise down quite a bit. The HDM company, the people that make the Z1, is coming out with an in line muffler for the Z1 sometime this summer. It will be interesting to see if you can use it for the Transcend. The muffler I made for my Transcend works real well eliminating Darth Vader. But try the inline viral filter, it helps.
Wow what a difference. Just the viral filter reduced the noise by half. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
you may have to raise your therapy pressure just a bit because although the bacterial filter reduced the noise for you, they are notorious for also reducing the pressure that makes it to your mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 01:07 PM)under pressure Wrote: you may have to raise your therapy pressure just a bit because although the bacterial filter reduced the noise for you, they are notorious for also reducing the pressure that makes it to your mask.

Thanks will do. It is a apap but I will increase the top end.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2015, 01:07 PM)under pressure Wrote: you may have to raise your therapy pressure just a bit because although the bacterial filter reduced the noise for you, they are notorious for also reducing the pressure that makes it to your mask.

That is a good point. If you have a humidifier in the circuit the moisture will cause a pressure drop as the filter becomes more saturated. I measued the pressure with a new filter and the drop is not noticeable. Will have to see how much of a drop with a dirty filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 12:30 PM)IBEW292 Wrote: Purchased this for travel only and am concerned about the Darth Vader noise from my mask when I inhale. I see someone has made a muffler for theirs. What do the rest of you do about the noise. At home I use a Remed S9 and there is no noise that I can hear. Thanks....
Has anyone tried the muffler from HDM? I see it is for sale now and it is $35
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2015, 03:28 PM)IBEW292 Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 12:30 PM)IBEW292 Wrote: Purchased this for travel only and am concerned about the Darth Vader noise from my mask when I inhale. I see someone has made a muffler for theirs. What do the rest of you do about the noise. At home I use a Remed S9 and there is no noise that I can hear. Thanks....

I tried one, tried it on both my travel machines (Z1 Auto and a Transcend) the difference with and without was indistinguishable to me, very disappointing !!

Not to mention that HDM wants you to replace the foam core element every 14 days of use........in my humble opinion the Q-Tube is a total waste of money.

You're experience may vary, give it a try if you've got the money, but be prepared to be disappointed.

I will continue to use my HC-150 humidifier as the silencer and I will continue to experiment with other options like the antibacterial filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2015, 05:16 PM)under pressure Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 03:28 PM)IBEW292 Wrote:

I tried one, tried it on both my travel machines (Z1 Auto and a Transcend) the difference with and without was indistinguishable to me, very disappointing !!

Not to mention that HDM wants you to replace the foam core element every 14 days of use........in my humble opinion the Q-Tube is a total waste of money.

You're experience may vary, give it a try if you've got the money, but be prepared to be disappointed.

I will continue to use my HC-150 humidifier as the silencer and I will continue to experiment with other options like the antibacterial filter.
I think I will stick with what I have got. As a side point I found a Solar charger for the Battery that works well and is about $120 from that big online vendor, not from Transcend. All Powers is the brand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleepers, I am a new kid on the block... what a great information site.

I currently use a ResMed AirSense 10 (auto set) at home and it works great. I have adjusted my air from a set 10 to a variable 8-12 and have been experiencing some 0.00 nights (big thanks to post here on the board).

I travel weekly and have been lugging my old machine (ResMed S8 Elite) with me in my carry-on bag. It's about the size and weight of a lead football!! So I am shopping for a smaller cpap machine for the road. Battery operation is not a requirement for me... More important is small and light weight.

I use the ResMed Airfit P10 nasal pillow on home and travel units.

The Transcend Ezex Travek Cpap looks like the ticket. I have a few questions>>>
1. I see three models listed on the one of the websites, there are really not any model numbers listed, just the name and the price. One is $450, one is $500, and one is $530. I am not price shopping, I am asking which unit is best for my needs.
2. I am used to using a water humidifier so I am guessing I would either order the Heated Humidifier with the unit or I have seen a few comments in regards to the HC150 unit.
3. Weight>> they claim the Transcend weighs less than a pound. How much more does the power supply and the added humidifier weigh? (my S8 weighs in at about 3.5 lbs, my Air Sense 10 is a tad over 4 lbs with the power supply).
4. It sounds like the noise issue would not be an issue with the humidifier.

Thanks
Cliff
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 73 8 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,671 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 956 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,337 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed Airmini vs Transcend Micro? ShipwreckSiren 0 940 11-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: ShipwreckSiren

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.