Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Transcend multi night battery
RE: Transcend multi night battery
(09-12-2013, 06:10 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Poorly built or malfunctioning chargers will ruin a good battery by over-charging it. Many people have tried rechargeable batteries and decided they didn't like them because they didn't perform well, and this can be due to at least in part to the charger. If you want to use rechargeable batteries successfully you need to invest in a good charger.

Tiny amounts of current keep the charge topped off. Anything more than that will generate more heat than can be dissipated and that's what ruins the battery.

I returned the charging unit to the mfr along with the battery and they are telling me that it is also fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aerophagia
(09-10-2013, 07:41 AM)me50 Wrote: I see that you have conquered aerophagia in your profile. would you be willing to share more about this please? what caused it? how you found out about it? what you did to conquer it? Anything else you think is important for us to know. Thanks. glad you were able to conquer it.

Sorry, if my profile says that, it is in error. I have no idea what aerophagia is. I am not aware of having conquered it so I'm sorry I cannot provide you with any useful information in that regard.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend multi night battery
So, to wrap this up, the manufacturer of the Transcend multi night battery, Somnetics, has tested their battery and found "nothing wrong with it" despite the fact that it only powers their CPAP for about 7 hrs give or take and not the 14-16 hrs they claim for it in their advertising. The "multi nite" battery is really a one night battery (almost).

Let the buyer beware I guess.

At least I now have the thing back. Its taken almost two months.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 8 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 964 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.