Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Travel CPAP/APAP Z1?
Travel CPAP/APAP Z1?
Using my ResMed S9 Autoset in CPAP mode (I think) at 11 for more than 4 years, with good success. New mask (Dreamweaver) is shifty but comfy. When I travel, I pack it all up and take it along.

I want to get a smaller machine for travel, and see the Z1 comes in Cpap and Auto models. Do I need the auto if my results at one setting are good?

The early reviews of the Z1 are troubling. Any current users of Z1 want to chime in?

Or offer recommendations for a travel machine? (Powered is fine. I do not need battery use--just something easier to pack for travel.)

Thanks,
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel CPAP/APAP Z1?
I'm anxious to here if the Z1 is the best Auto travel machine, as I need to get one in the next week or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reviews of the Z1 by others here did not convince me to buy one. With the A10 being so light and fitting in a nice carrying case I simply travel with it. I don't have any increased noise or pressure or problems this way. When I get to my destination my machine runs as if I'm at home. All things considered this works for me. When I get home all of my detailed data is ready to transfer to ResScan and SH. Of course YMMV.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked my sleep tech about a travel machine and her advice was the same as SonicBooms. Although they sell them, she was not keen on their durability and noise. My DreamStation is small enough, I will travel with it and enjoy all the comforts of home!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard the Z1's are noisy. With your S9, if you can stand it, disconnect your humidifier and leave it at home while travelling making your machine much smaller.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I am also looking for a very lightweight CPAP for traveling to Europe, with carry on luggage only.

I'm new at this so I have some other basic questions:
1. do I need a humidifier? I understand that it will be lighter w/o one?
2. what is the easiest way to find out about the software I can get to monitor my sleep activity. I didn't even know this existed, and my doctors have never mentioned it.
3. is there an "ideal" pressure setting? I get mixed info on this - I think my machine is at 7 and I don't sleep or feel rested at all; I changed it myself to 11. One doctor told me it should be at 13, but the tech only set it at 7 ???

Many thanks for you help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never check my cpap as luggage. It is considered medical equipment and thus does not count toward the carry on limit. I travel with my home A10 as stated above with an empty humidifier. It's really really light. If it were me I'd take the home unit. If you really must go the pocket sized route there are other threads here where others have shared their experiences. In addition to air travel I know some here have used these tiny travel machines while camping/RVing etc....
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Sybil, the software is called SleepyHead, and there is a link to download it at the top of the forum page. Its icon is a sheep.

(04-23-2016, 04:38 PM)Sybil456 Wrote: 2. what is the easiest way to find out about the software I can get to monitor my sleep activity. I didn't even know this existed, and my doctors have never mentioned it.
3. is there an "ideal" pressure setting? I get mixed info on this - I think my machine is at 7 and I don't sleep or feel rested at all; I changed it myself to 11. One doctor told me it should be at 13, but the tech only set it at 7 ???

Many thanks for you help.

Post Reply Post Reply
The need for a humidifier is a personal choice and also relative to the humidity of where you are going. You probably don't need a humidifier in Thailand in the wet season. It is more about comfort and ease in breathing than treatment. Pressure also is a personal thing. It depends on your OSA and how you respond to the pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Z1 is a great and durable travel machine. It, like the Transcend are noisier because they blow the air at a higher speed than the larger machine.

Do a search on my name and you should find plenty od discussion regarding the Z1 and portable humidification in the form of an HME.

If you have a specific question please ask but I don't want to repeat myseld if I dont have too...I've discussed this topic over and over again on this board and the other cpap board.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,675 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 562 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,411 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.