Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Travel problems
RE: Travel problems
Good advice above. Lift the mask gently from your face, seek a finger in there scratch and get out!
Post Reply Post Reply
TSA suggests you put your CPAP in your carry on luggage. There seems to be no standard for inspection. About 50% of the airports I have used let it go through without problems. The other 50% take it out and run it through again, then swab it. Sometimes they tell me to treat it like a laptop computer, take it out and run it through separately. Since it only happens 50% of the time (re-inspection), I leave it in my luggage.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2013, 06:38 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi mxw51,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Paula said.
I've not used a full-face mask so I don't know the answer to your question.
Best of luck, I hope your trip goes well.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

Hello MXW51

Isn't that the way it goes! You go all day and never have a nose itch, then just as you're getting ready to dose off, after carefully adjusting your mask . . . the tickle. I've had (have) the same problem. I did try trimming my nose hairs and that seemed to help a lot. I think the hurricane force winds (mine is 16) blowing accross your nose sort of stimulates the hairs. Otherwise, I've learned to simply disconnect one side of the mask, scratch my nose, reconnect the mask and return to sleep. I've also learned to somewhat tolerate it. I feel your pain, er, tickle...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,675 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,005 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.