Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Trouble connecting oximeter to computer
Trouble connecting oximeter to computer
Sorry, I'm sure there must be some info somewhere here, but I can't find it. I just purchased a CMS50E oximeter and it records, charges, etc., and I've installed the program on three of my computers but when I plug in the USB chord that came with the unit my computer(s) say there is no device available. I'm running XP, Vista Home Premium, and Vista Professional. Can someone either direct me to a discussion or whatever or give me some hints? Thanks!:Huh
The FUTURE is worth preparing for!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble connecting oximeter to computer
Hi, Smitharbie, I have a CMS50D+ recording pulse oximeter and had a similar problem with the message "no device found" on a PC running Windows XP. Then I went back to the User Manual and "translated" the "translation" into REAL English and came up with this:
1. Do NOT turn the pulse oximeter's recording "OFF" whatever you do!!
2. Connect the pulse oximeter to your computer using the USB connection.
3. Double click on the "SpO2 Review" icon to open the program.
4. Click on "New Session"
5. Enter patient name (or, I use the date since I'm the only "patient") and click "OK"
6. And then TURN OFF the "RECORDING" on the pulse oximeter and...
7. Data starts to transfer.

Hope this helps and I also hope someone else may have a better answer that solves your problem!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2013, 10:32 PM)MAPnea Wrote: Hi, Smitharbie, I have a CMS50D+ recording pulse oximeter and had a similar problem with the message "no device found" on a PC running Windows XP. Then I went back to the User Manual and "translated" the "translation" into REAL English and came up with this:
1. Do NOT turn the pulse oximeter's recording "OFF" whatever you do!!
2. Connect the pulse oximeter to your computer using the USB connection.
3. Double click on the "SpO2 Review" icon to open the program.
4. Click on "New Session"
5. Enter patient name (or, I use the date since I'm the only "patient") and click "OK"
6. And then TURN OFF the "RECORDING" on the pulse oximeter and...
7. Data starts to transfer.

Hope this helps and I also hope someone else may have a better answer that solves your problem!

O.K. Thanks! I'll go back to my Chinglish instructions and see if I can ferret this out! Seems strange not to turn recording off when you're finished recording, but - - - ?Huh

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you gone through the steps here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think if you use enough duct tape, it will stay connected good.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2013, 01:57 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Have you gone through the steps here:
(link)

Yes, Paula02. Thanks for the information. I have gone over the procedures very carefully several times. The problem I have is that my CMS50E is not recognized by the computer. I have tried it on three of my computers, one XP, one Vista home premium, and one Vista professional (The XP is 64 bit, and the other two are 32 bit). I can bring up the programs I installed, sp02 and sp02 Review, but everything is greyed out except the window that pops up asking me to choose a file to open. I have no file to open because I can't load one into the program because the device isn't recognized. I am using the cable that came with the CMS50E. Either the cable is bad, or it's the wrong cable?? My computers have no trouble seeing other devices I plug in. I have contacted the company I ordered from and they asked me if I changed the USB setting to "ON", which I had, and I answered them and that's the last I've heard from them. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazing! I just got my oximeter programs working. Thought I would give it one more college try, and Wallahhhh (or whatever)! What I did was to turn the gizmo on, insert my finger, then plugged it into my laptop, then opened up the RED program, and it started sending the info to the program and displayed it on the screen. Then I played around with it for a while, then clicked on the "i" icon at the bottom and it said more info. Gave me a screen to input my name, etc. Then I closed the program and it opened up a window which said, "Waiting for Data," or something like that. So I punched the button on the oximeter for the menu and set it on "Upload" and clicked it, and it immediately started uploading. Now both programs work. I uploaded a couple more times just to see what I was doing and it uploaded each time and saved the file. Now I can Review the data file in Green, and see the current oximeter operation in RED. Other than explaining what I just did, I don't know what made it start working, except that I was actually using the oximeter at the time I opened up the RED program. Interesting, but maybe this will help someone. I don't know, but I'm glad I don't have to send it back. Thanks to all who contributed to this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I just went back to one of my desktop computers and the program still wouldn't work. It works now on my Laptop, but won't work on the desktop. I tried everything like on my last post, and no go. Strange! But at least it works on my laptop and I can use it. Just wish I knew what the KEY was. And btw, I know the desktop programs loaded correctly because I copied the .exe file from the desktop and loaded it with a flash drive because the mini-disk won't load into my laptop. I would still like to make it work on my desktop because my Sleepyhead program is on that machine and I'd like to load onto the Sleepyhead program. If anyone has insight as to why or why not the computer will or won't recognize the oximeter, please let me know. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I found your instructions to get CMD50+ but cannot get it to load by clicking on Oximetry wizard or just the Oximetry tab on the right. Any suggestions ! left recording on as you said still no luck!

Thanks for any help
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, due to a firmware update, the newer models can not use the direct oximeter importer. You must import the SpO2 file that is generated by Smart Device Assistant. This is a Windows only program.

This link to the Wiki on this subject might help: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_import

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,222 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,871 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.