Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure from S9 Autoset when wide awake
RE: Pressure from S9 Autoset when wide awake
Oh, and as for how you felt in the morning? I (personally) would discount it and see if I felt the same way for 3-4 days running. At my age, I can simply hurt myself while asleep. I've been dealing with joint pain for so many years that I change position very often and do not wake up any longer due to it, unless I don't move often enough, then the pain wakes me.

As a new user, there are many changes to become used to. I can honestly say that with a good mindset, you will get used to it, and get to the point that you can't sleep without the machine.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks me50. All good thoughts which I need to look at in situ. There is no real sign that I do sleep with my mouth open wearing the Nasal mask but I had the same thought myself and tried a chin strap which didn't help with the problem, but did give me sore teeth!! I am not sure about routing the pipe over the headboard (my wife having spent a fortune on re-modelling the bedroom) but will have a good look at it later tonight. I will also have a look at the masks you suggest as possibilities - there aren't many as small as non-intrusive as the wisp which makes some of them difficult for me to sleep with without causing leaks in the night, so all suggestions are welcome. . My H5i is set lower than yours as I get rain-out in the mask above 27 degrees C which I think is due to the short length of un-heated pipe which comes with the wisp mask. I have just bought a ResMed "Huggie glove" for it but not yet tried it.

Thanks for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
When I wake up early and just lie in bed with the mask on, I find my breathing pattern is sometimes a broken rhythm, and the S9 Autoset will start to do its thing, sometimes it feels like a rapid, oscillating pressure surge. Kind of a pulsing.

If I check the Sleepyhead charts, I can tell exactly when it was that I woke up because it shows a lot more apnic events from that point until I go ahead and get up.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2013, 02:19 PM)Brian Rule Wrote: Thanks me50. All good thoughts which I need to look at in situ. There is no real sign that I do sleep with my mouth open wearing the Nasal mask but I had the same thought myself and tried a chin strap which didn't help with the problem, but did give me sore teeth!! I am not sure about routing the pipe over the headboard (my wife having spent a fortune on re-modelling the bedroom) but will have a good look at it later tonight. I will also have a look at the masks you suggest as possibilities - there aren't many as small as non-intrusive as the wisp which makes some of them difficult for me to sleep with without causing leaks in the night, so all suggestions are welcome. . My H5i is set lower than yours as I get rain-out in the mask above 27 degrees C which I think is due to the short length of un-heated pipe which comes with the wisp mask. I have just bought a ResMed "Huggie glove" for it but not yet tried it.

Thanks for the help

Have you tried the "huggie glove" yet to determne if it helps the rainout. I'm certain I'm going to get the WISP this week, but don't know if I need to also get the huggie glove.

Also, on a WISP Product Review I asked if anyone knew what advantage a swivel action on BOTH ends of the hose had. I like the swivel action where it attaches to the mask, but I can only guess what the swivel does on the other end (particularly if you thread it through the hole in the head gear on top of your head.Bed
Post Reply Post Reply
I would think the only advantage would have to do with machine placement. Like a one-and-done elbow you adjust once depending on how you like it?

My machine does not have a swivel or elbow, and points the hose distinctly in one direction. In order to have the hose pointed the way I want it, I must either spin my machine into a weird angle on the table, or buy an elbow, or deal with the hose pointing right at the foot of the bed (as opposed to pointing at the headboard).
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Health] AWAKE AHI? newtothis1 12 718 01-04-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask fit issues - wide mouth michael7 3 566 12-09-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: michael7
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] High pressure at midnight causing awake makazaik 5 667 08-29-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: jwest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.