Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Trouble reading detailed data
Trouble reading detailed data
Hi All,

I am new to this forum!

I recently got a Resmed S9 AutoSet because I am interested in viewing the detailed information using SleepyHead.

I have somehow successfully downloaded and imported 2 nights of data into SleepyHead however each morning however, there is confusion as to how I get to the detailed data.

What I have been doing is, when I wake up, I:
  • Turn off S9 to stop the CPAP
  • Pop the SD card out
  • Insert card into my computers SD reader (lock card first)
  • Import into SleepyHead

When I do this first thing in the morning it seems that the detailed data has not been written to the SD card yet, because I am only able to see the summary type information. It is matching what is on the S9. So some data IS getting imported?

Then, I spend about an hour or so trying to figure out how to get the detailed data and at some point the data is on the card. I reboot the S9, copy the data to the computer before inputting, ...

Does anyone have a clue? Is there something I am supposed to do before pulling the SD card out of the S9?

Thanks!
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble reading detailed data
Hi doddsie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your data questions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
When you open the ResScan software after inserting the SD card into the reader, a pop-up window will show up. It will give you options to download All Summary Data only (This is the default choice.) and All Data and a pull down menu showing the number of the most recent detailed data sessions. You will need to choose this option.

What I have described is on page 12 of the ResScan Clinicians Manual which is installed as well when you install ResScan.

Try that and see if it helps.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
doddsie are you looking at the daily tab? If not, once you have imported to SleepyHead, click on the daily tab. It should show some graphs on the right side of the screen.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are removing the card immediately after waking up, you may not be giving the machine time to finish writing to the card. I'm not sure of how much time it needs, however. I usually wait at least a half hour, just to be safe.

Also, if you are sleeping past what the machine believes is noon, there won't be any data, or limited data, because at noon, it starts the next day. I've been tricked by this numerous times. Just check the time on the machine against your local time. If you need to reset the machine's clock, you can find out how here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks PaulaO2 and everyone else for the answers. I will try to wait at least a half hour before popping the card out.

I am SleepyHead and am trying to view the Daily Tab, however there is no data there.

Let's hope that waiting a while will allow the data to be written.

Are there any other steps for pulling the card out? Are you turning the S9 off by pressing and holding the on/off switching? Or just popping the sd card out with no other steps?

It certainly would be nice to know when the card has had the data written to it!

Thanks,
Dave

(12-16-2013, 07:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you are removing the card immediately after waking up, you may not be giving the machine time to finish writing to the card. I'm not sure of how much time it needs, however. I usually wait at least a half hour, just to be safe.

Also, if you are sleeping past what the machine believes is noon, there won't be any data, or limited data, because at noon, it starts the next day. I've been tricked by this numerous times. Just check the time on the machine against your local time. If you need to reset the machine's clock, you can find out how here:

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't turned my machine off before taking the card out. I just lock it, put it in the SD slot on my laptop, open SH, select user, import from SD card and when it is finished, I click on the daily tab and my data is there. I am not sure how to help you because I haven't ever not had data there for the night before.
Post Reply Post Reply
doddsie,

Just wanting to eliminate obvious problems: You are sure you are using an S9 AutoSet and not an S9 Auto Escape?

SleepyHead doesn't manage to deal with the (limited) data on the Auto Escape because SH needs the detailed data that the Auto Escape does not record in order to display the data correctly.

If you are using an S9 AutoSet, then it's also important to make sure that the Sleep Quality setting is set to On instead of Usage. When the Sleep Quality is set to Usage, not all the data is recorded to the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2013, 09:30 PM)robysue Wrote: When the Sleep Quality is set to Usage, not all the data is recorded to the SD card.
What Robysue said. S9 Sleep Quality default setting set to usage
Model name printed next to on/off button

Post Reply Post Reply
Again,
Thanks all for the replies.

I definately have the AutoSet version as I have seen detailed data. I think that there is something that I must be doing differently. I also checked the Sleep Quality and it is set to ON. And made sure the time/date were set correctly.

How long are others waiting before they remove the SD card from the S9? I was so excited to see my results this morning I popped it out as soon as I turned off the CPAP.

Will let you all know how it goes tomorrow!

Thanks,
Dave

(12-16-2013, 11:00 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-16-2013, 09:30 PM)robysue Wrote: When the Sleep Quality is set to Usage, not all the data is recorded to the SD card.
What Robysue said. S9 Sleep Quality default setting set to usage
Model name printed next to on/off button

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 204 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,865 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 988 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 233 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.