Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Trouble with Resmed Airsense 11 Climate settings
Question 
Trouble with Resmed Airsense 11 Climate settings
Hi Everyone!

I bought a Resmed climate line for my AS 11 and I very much like it. I had trouble with rainout when I chose manual settings but the auto mode ran great. Unfortunately on auto, it will reduce the humidity so much that I wake up coughing. Dont-know Is there any way to set a minimum humidity for auto? Otherwise I'm not sure what temp to set it to to prevent rainout.

Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble with Resmed Airsense 11 Climate settings
Are you using the Heated tube? If not, I HIGHLY recommend it.

With the standard (unheated) tube, the AS11 limits humidity to reduce rainout. Adding the heated tube therefore not only reduces rainout, but also increases humidity level - because the machine knows it can increase humidity and still control condensation by heating the tube.

With the standard tube, I was having rainout on “auto” even with a tube cover, and overnight only about 15-20% of the water was consumed. I switched to the heated tube, still on “auto”, and it used about 80% of the tank with very little rainout. I went to “manual” for tube temp only (left “climate” at auto) and raised the tube temp a few degrees to eliminate the rainout. Very comfortable now.

If you are already using a heated tube…. Try setting tube temp to manual and increasing the temp. Alternatives are a tube cover or increasing room temp. But based on your description, it sounds similar to the issues I had when using the unheated tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck!

I'm afraid I have had poor results with my own 11. I have no idea why, but it seems incapable of delivering adequate humidity without rainout, even with the heated tube and insulation. I find rainout more bothersome than dryness, though that does nevertheless lead to some disturbed nights, so I lean toward a lower humidity setting than is ideal from a comfort POV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just going to post this same thing but instead of coughing my nasal passages are so stuffy I can't breathe. I am using an AirTouch f20 mask. My humidity is set at 2, my hose temp is at 76 and my pressure is set between 4-16. I see people posting about using nasal sprays but I shouldn't need a drug to breathe when I just need to adjust something on my machine. I feel your frustration!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2021, 12:40 AM)ScottZZZ Wrote: Are you using the Heated tube?  If not, I HIGHLY recommend it.

With the standard (unheated) tube, the AS11 limits humidity to reduce rainout.  Adding the heated tube therefore not only reduces rainout, but also increases humidity level - because the machine knows it can increase humidity and still control condensation by heating the tube.

With the standard tube, I was having rainout on “auto” even with a tube cover, and overnight only about 15-20% of the water was consumed.  I switched to the heated tube, still on “auto”, and it used about 80% of the tank with very little rainout.  I went to “manual” for tube temp only (left “climate” at auto) and raised the tube temp a few degrees to eliminate the rainout.  Very comfortable now.

If you are already using a heated tube….  Try setting tube temp to manual and increasing the temp.  Alternatives are a tube cover or increasing room temp.  But based on your description, it sounds similar to the issues I had when using the unheated tube.

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately I am using the heated tube. Luckily last night I had my settings a little better. I set the humidity at four at temperature at 85 (and set my machine on the floor). I didn't get any rain out.

(12-17-2021, 09:19 AM)Sleepygrl Wrote: I was just going to post this same thing but instead of coughing my nasal passages are so stuffy I can't breathe. I am using an AirTouch f20 mask. My humidity is set at 2, my hose temp is at 76 and my pressure is set between 4-16. I see people posting about using nasal sprays but I shouldn't need a drug to breathe when I just need to adjust something on my machine. I feel your frustration!!

Two sides of the same coin. Last night I actually got a decent night's sleep! Big Grin Two sounds too low if you're congested like me (bad allergies). My humidity is a minimum of four (when auto is off) and my pressure is 11 when I'm congested. Maybe that would help. Last night I set it to 4 humidity, 11 pressure and 85 degrees and it worked great. No congestion or rain out. I wish I didnt need to put it on the floor though. I hope your settings work out for you soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2021, 03:56 AM)StevesSp Wrote: Good luck!

I'm afraid I have had poor results with my own 11. I have no idea why, but it seems incapable of delivering adequate humidity without rainout, even with the heated tube and insulation. I find rainout more bothersome than dryness, though that does nevertheless lead to some disturbed nights, so I lean toward a lower humidity setting than is ideal from a comfort POV.

Ugh it's so tedious. I definitely prefer dry to rainout except it triggers asthma attacks for me. Last night I actually had good sleep! I turned my humidity to four and temperature to 85, and I set my machine on the floor. It worked really well, not a lick of rainout. I hope this helps. Honestly I'm surprised it went well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,842 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,633 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,831 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,874 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.