Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Trying out nasal pillows for the first time.
Trying out nasal pillows for the first time.
I've been using a Resmed  Quattro full facemask for quite some time. Over the last 6 months, the skin around my nose where the seal meats has been flaky, red, and just plain awful. My nose is similar with constant redness and flakiness, even with my humidifier up full bore. I tried some of the face mask liners and they did help the skin on the side of my nose but I had more air leaks around my eyes and that just drives me nuts. I ordered a Resmed Swift nasal pillow mask and avoided seeing a doctor by ordering all the pieces separately. I'm hoping since this doesn't go over any part of my nose aside from the nostrils I can avoid the skin irritation.

Anything I should be aware of with this new type of mask? Adjustments for pressure or anything like that?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying out nasal pillows for the first time.
Lansinoh HPA Lanolin.  It will help keep any irritation in your nostrils to a minimum and it will also help with air leaks.  You will want to only use a small amount around the entry of your nostrils, you will figure out if you use too much.  You will find that you can discontinue after your skin adapts to the pillows, however I find that I need a dab or so every now and then.  Make sure that you change your machine to the proper mask type. Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying out nasal pillows for the first time.
HI lempface,
DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE THE MASK SETTINGS IN YOUR MACHINE TO PILLOWS.
HANG IN THERE FOR MORE RESPONSES TO YOUR POST.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 89 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 250 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 226 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 142 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 347 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.