Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Tubes & Masks Compatibility
Tubes & Masks Compatibility
Hello Everyone,

I just wonder if anyone can help me in this issue, I'm Weinmann Prisma 20A user and would like to know:

1. I want to use the Philips Dramwear FullFace mask with my current CPAP device, so do I need to change anything like tubing, connector, or others!
  2. I want to have a heated tube which is not supplied with my CPAP, and the local reseller doesn't provide it. So can I use any standard heated tube with my machine or only Weinmann tube is needed?
  3. Are there any online stores that sell Weinmann JOYCEeasy next FullFace mask accessories??
Thanks for your support.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tubes & Masks Compatibility
Hi Rarry!
Here are the responses to your questions.
  1. Phillips Dreamwear to your CPAP - The hose connector size is one of the few things that is common to all full size CPAPs. So "Yes", it will fit.
  2. Heated Hose - Every manufacturer makes their heated hose to fit only on their brand of machine.  The hose connector can, and often is, different for each model they make as well.  Only non-heated hoses are multi-brand compatible. .  . Sorry!
  3. Sales of JOYCEeasy - The Weinmann is not a popular brand here in North America.  i did a Google search and it shows all European sellers of this mask.

I hope I've been some help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for help
Post Reply Post Reply
About heated tubes or the lack thereof, in the department of "For Whatever It's Worth" here's an interesting detail about the Fisher & Paykel HC150 standalone heated humidifier, which does not include a heated hose (it says here it doesn't need one):  "Ambient Tracking balances humidity to compensate for changes in room temperature, thereby minimizing disruptive condensation."

https://www.fphcare.com/us/homecare/vent...umidifier/

From a supplier's web site, a further explanation is:

Quote:During the night, room temperatures often drop. When this occurs, humidification users commonly notice condensation and water droplets forming in the tubing. Many find the associated gurgling noise, commonly known as rainout, irritating and are often forced to drain the tubing during the night. To overcome this, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare has developed the HC150 Humidifier with a unique Ambient Tracking feature. Ambient Tracking adjusts heater plate temperature throughout the night to compensate for changes in room temperature so that condensation is minimized while humidity is maximized.

The reason I say "FWIW" is that I imagine not many people want to buy another humidifier when the CPAP machine already includes one.  But if you do have problems with rainout, that is one possible solution, at a cost of about US$150 or your local equivalent.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I recall correctly, the Prisma 20A has a standard 22mm hose connector, this means you can potentially use a 22mm Hybernite universal heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 5 117 10 hours ago
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 266 Yesterday, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Ear tubes to help with CPAP ear pressure? PaulaO2 16 3,252 Yesterday, 04:17 AM
Last Post: jiyun
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,748 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 525 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 448 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 523 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.