Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Tubing Diameter Help
Tubing Diameter Help
Hello, I am just getting started with my cpap machine again after many years of non-use.  It's the Respironics REMStar Pro M Series.  I got it in 2010.  I got my supplies today but the tubing they gave me is different than it used to be.  It's 15 mm in diameter (slimline) which I have never used and I don't believe it's compatible with my machine.  My machine does not have a setting for tubing diameter changes.  Does anyone use this machine and know the proper diameter?  The online manual I found mentions 22 mm diameter but I'm not sure if that refers to the inside diameter or the cuffs.  I think standard inside diameter is 19 mm.  So my question is #1 does anyone know the proper tubing for this machine and #2 will it make a difference in terms of pressure or damaging the machine?  Many thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tubing Diameter Help
22mm should be the connection or cuff size, that's universal. You'll probably need to get your supplier to figure out your older machine may not be compatible with the hose sent.

I'm also guessing your old machine is probably due for replacement at some point and is needing considered. If you've gotten your script info, if it's expiring in 99 years like some of these are written for, you should look into a more modern PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  Yes, I hope to get my pressures updated and a new machine in January after I do another sleep study (last one was a decade ago).  However, in the meantime, I feel it's critical that I use what I have because I've gained weight, I'm waking up with crippling headaches, I can't wake up because I'm so exhausted, and not to be dramatic, but I'm afraid of stopping breathing in my sleep and not waking up.  So until I can get my tubing replaced, I am still wondering if it will damage my machine or change the pressure to use a slimline hose not designed for this machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use may be questionable but I'm not sure. It'd be best if that PAP had the tube setting. If you'd have use history you should not need a sleep study. Look at the stats on your script. If it says it's still valid, no study is necessary. Someone is trying to make more money.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance won't cover another cpap machine without another sleep study.  Also, my machine doesn't auto-adjust so I have to be prescribed my pressure.  I have gained weight since my last study so I'm guessing the pressures should be changed.  I don't know.  Right now, I'm desperate and I figure something is better than nothing because I'm not currently a very functional person with not being able to wake up, napping, and the horrendous headaches.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand. You can set your pressures if you get your machine going. Neither the doc nor DME supplier can change settings unless an edited script exists, but you can change settings to improve therapy as needed without a script edit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using a 15 mm hose instead of a 22 mm hose should be fine. But you can buy a 22 mm hose pretty cheap on Amazon.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all!
Post Reply Post Reply
there ya go
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have high deductibles and copayments for insurance, it is probably less expensive to simply buy a new auto CPAP. You can purchase a lightly use Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for $339 or brand new for $539 from Supplier #2. They will accept your prior prescription and use of a CPAP machine without a new study. The Resmed Autoset is probably the best auto CPAP on the market today, and you will have full access to data and can quickly optimize the machine yourself. Consider what your costs for tests and an new machine will be through insurance, and you may find this is a better solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 607 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 757 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 626 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,077 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.