Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Tubing Diameter Help
RE: Tubing Diameter Help
Thank you!  I think this is a great idea.  They will accept a prescription from 10 years ago?  I don't know if it's expired as I don't have a copy.  I wonder if the hospital where I've scheduled my upcoming sleep study can give it to me (they are also where I had my original sleep study done).  I had my first night back on cpap last night and felt like a new person today.  Such an amazing difference!
Post Reply Post Reply
All of your medical records and prescriptions are available by law under HIPAA. It's obviously been a long time. I have a scanned copy of my original 2008 prescription and that has always been accepted. Any record you can provide, no matter how lame will suffice to get a new machine from an online provider. It pays to keep records. My best advise is to call and let them know what machine you are using, your doctor's name and former address/phone, and anything else that can help. They are very accommodating. Almost any record of equipment being supplied like receipts, prescriptions, or an old study record, even hand-written should get you by.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much!!  I appreciate the info! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, any script for PAP is better than I don't have it. And the usage of and having a PAP also points to someone scripting you one at some point. The bureaucracy of this is silly, you've proved need, you've used a machine, and today again prove you need it with some docs and suppliers is insane. Remember that in the medical dictionary supposedly apnea may be treated but not cured. So you suddenly accidentally do not need PAP? Really, much like the esteemed idiot quack that tells me I do not have apnea due to titration under treated pressures I have 0 AHI. Well treated or cured, doc? Ah the chasing of rabbit holes. Supplier #2 seems to get it right in price and such. The worst that may happen is they say no. I don't think that's going to happen though.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's true!  Not to mention the fact that I gained 20 pounds since I stopped using the CPAP.  Yeah, a twenty pound weight gain is really going to make my previously diagnosed sleep apnea go away.... Exactly the opposite!  I have a lot of the symptoms.  Severe morning headaches, morning sore throats, snoring, waking up choking, being too tired to get up in the morning, insomnia at night, insulin resistance.  And one night on my old machine and I was able to get up on time feeling refreshed with no headache this morning and felt better all day!  I should have gotten started so much sooner except I believed everyone telling me I couldn't purchase any more supplies after being off therapy without a new sleep study!  Until finally I got really scared and my primary was able to just write me a prescription for supplies without a new sleep study or machine (which I still plan to do).  It was so much simpler than I had been led to believe.  My CPAP might be a dinosaur but it worked for me before and it's working for me now.  Yes, a new machine will provide more data and auto-adjust and will be a nice thing to have but right now the priority is just to be on some type of therapy that helps.  Last night my AHI per hour WITH CPAP was 4.6 (I understand the upper acceptable range is up to 5 AHI with therapy).  And I felt like a different person.  I hate to think what my AHI is without CPAP.  I will have to get ahold of my old sleep study and see what it was then (twenty pounds thinner but still overweight).  Hoping the CPAP helps me lose that weight.  I don't know if I was diagnosed with OSA, CSA or complex.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 607 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 357 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 757 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 626 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,077 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.