Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get?
RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get?
Right click on a section of the CA events until the duration (on the upper left of the flow rate chart shows 10 minutes. That will provide a good indication of the character of the central events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2021, 06:30 PM)Gideon Wrote: Right click on a section of the CA events until the duration (on the upper left of the flow rate chart shows 10 minutes.  That will provide a good indication of the character of the central events.

Is this what you were looking for?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are two screenshots of Oscar data from last night, as well as a new 10-minute stretch of CA events.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
One more try, set PS = 0.
If the central persist I think you may be headed toward an ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2021, 08:51 AM)Gideon Wrote: One more try, set PS = 0.
If the central persist I think you may be headed toward an ASV

Do you mean if they persist, I'll have to buy an Aircurve 10 ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
unfortunately, an ASV is a definite possibility.

If they are treatment-emergent they should diminish in 2-3 months but I expected better results from lowering the PS, that puts this in question even though the pattern looks like treatment-emergent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
(06-03-2021, 10:11 AM)Gideon Wrote: unfortunately, an ASV is a definite possibility.

If they are treatment-emergent they should diminish in 2-3 months but I expected better results from lowering the PS, that puts this in question even though the pattern looks like treatment-emergent.

Okay, I'll lower the PS to zero tonight and report back tomorrow. I think I need some time just to get acclimated to sleeping with a mask on. The last two nights have not been typical for me in terms of when I actually fall asleep and how long I sleep -- normally I fall asleep within 30 minutes and either stay asleep or wake up once or twice.

The last two nights on the AirCurve have felt more like my sleep studies, where I'm struggling to get comfortable and finally get a few hours of sleep in the latter half of the night.

I should mention I'm also trying to taper off nightly 25mg of doxylamine succinate. It was helping me get to sleep, but the ENT seemed to suggest I shouldn't be taking it every night.

Hopefully I won't need to switch machines, but if I do, I do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick suggestion, make a sleep therapy diary on PAP therapy, settings, complaints, issues, symptoms. If ASV becomes needed ask for titration with ASV involved.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to ask in my last post -- is our ultimate goal to get the AHI and number of CA events in the Flow Rate as low as possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
More or less yes. By low as possible, this would be Central AHI will be below 5, say 2-3 or so with including patient comfort. We never have a zero as the goal just low enough to be treated and with reasonable comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 955 11 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 65 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 624 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 80 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.