Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get?
RE: UARS diagnosis - Which machine should I get?
That's what it appears to have done for me. I've only used a Ramp right after I got ASV. It seemed to make falling asleep harder really, rather than just jumping right to treatment pressures.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW maybe this might help, consider masking up and turn the ASV on therapy while reading or TV time. Just to get the feel for the ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to get to sleep with the ASV last night. I activated it while reading for a little over a half an hour before going to sleep to get more comfortable with it. I think the first major gap at 12:30 is the result of me turning off the machine to get ready to sleep. At 4:45 am I got up to go to the bathroom and accidentally fell asleep before putting the mask back on, woke up and put it back on at 7:00.

How am I doing with leaks? I see one major spike around 3:15 -- are the rest of them anything to be concerned about?

Post Reply Post Reply
No worries on the leaks if you keep them as is. That high spike wasn't enough to show in the left panel to skew the stats off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leak spikes are not an issue, that is just you bumping mask or something. Large leaks for extended periods of time are the issue and you are nowhere near levels worth worrying about.

Did you shut the machine off 6 times? Early, 12:30, 2:00, 3:15, 3:40, 4:45?

That zoomed in view you posted at 2:00 shows how the machine was increasing pressure to stop the hypopneas/central apneas from happening. ASV in action. If you want to really dig into the details can look at the mask pressure graph and see how it changes the pressure on each individual breath.

I am interested to see what your MV (minute ventilation) and TV (tidal volume) charts look like. So far things look good and should stick as is for a while and continue to adapt.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm only 100% aware that I shut it off at 12:30 to get ready for bed, and again at 4:45 to go to the bathroom, falling asleep before putting the mask back on. 12:05 might have been a mask adjustment or a minor settings change. The rest is a blur. Either additional bathroom breaks I don't remember or I gave up a couple of times then changed my mind. I'll try to pay closer attention tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
The other option might be if you have SmartStart turned on (if that's an option in the VAuto). Sometimes that can cause multiple sessions (and if they're very close, OSCAR will show them as one big session with gaps in).
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the smart start is an option on the ASV, but I never used it so I've not any opinions other than not using.

I'd consider having you check it, if it's on now try turning it off and see if those sessions merge into one, or into ones you know you turned it on or off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I'd second turning it off, if it's turned on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my past few days. Adaptation's getting better and better. Not sure what happened on 6/25 -- I remember waking up at 5:30 and being surprised I didn't have my mask on.

I could only upload three attachments, so if you want to see closeups and/or the Tidal Volume and Minute Vent, just let me know.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 89 10 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 986 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 633 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 81 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 201 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.