Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Usage Hours
Usage Hours
Hi. Thank you for allowing me to join the apnea board. My name is Melissa, I am 41 years old and I got my CPAP machine on Thursday. I have the Res med air sense 10 auto set.
The first night went very well. I put the CPAP full face mask on around 12:30 AM this morning. When I woke this morning at 6 o'clock it show that the usage hours was only 15 minutes. I did not wake up during the night.
I was hoping that somebody may be able to help me to understand why it would only read 15 minutes?
Thank you in advance, Melissa.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Usage Hours
Get the clinicians manual for your machine (see link at top of forum) and go to the time settings and see what time your machine is set for. The A10 switches days at noon. Your machine clock could be off.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
There is more data available than that. If you download Sleepyhead, you can upload the data from the memory card in your machine and see lots more detail.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LivingInFaith75,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question, and I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LivingInFaith75, welcome to the forum.
Sonicboom may be on to something, the clock may be set wrong. AM/PM.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome ResMed flips the date over at midnight; but as SonicBoom has pointed out they aggregate data into a "CPAP day" which starts and ends at noon. The internal clocks drift; and some are off from day one because they were set for local time in one part of the country/world; and delivered to another. Most ResMed users adjust their internal clocks twice a year for DST.

One other explanation comes to mind -- but it's highly unlikely. If smartstart is enabled, the machine could sense a high leak as a signal to shut down the blower (and it could kick back in). That's another good reason to read the data card with more extensive software like Sleepyhead or resScan. You may pick up on why only 15 minutes was reported.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and thank you so much . I was able to figure it out because of your help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 281 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 470 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 622 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 490 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.