Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Used machines
RE: Used machines
(04-07-2015, 10:29 AM)MJones1338 Wrote: You want to be very careful when buying used machines. I certainly would not buy or sell on Craigslist. The liability is too high to be messing around with that, not to mention it's illegal. You want to make sure the machine is professionally tested before using it.

A little caution IS needed on craigslist deals.

However, I've bought 7 CPAP machines off of craigslist locally, and went with a friend to buy another one. Only one machine had problems, and that was intermittent and worked fine for several days before failing. It probably wouldn't have been caught by a "professional" tester.

The machines I bought were probably half as expensive as a "professional" seller would have charged. I never paid more than $300 for a top of the line PRS1 or ResMed S9 APAP.

I do usually have to wait a few weeks or even a few months to find a good deal on CL. There are lots of craigslist sellers who want way too much money for obsolete equipment because they've seen the bogus list prices the DME's put on bills.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 132 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 875 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 527 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 616 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 84,163 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,132 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 793 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.