Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPAP & ResMed 30 day policy
RE: CPAP & ResMed 30 day policy
(04-05-2017, 06:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm very familiar with the Swift FX as I used it until the P10 became available, and before that I had the Swift LT.  I would never consider going back.  My wife does not appreciate that jet of air that blows out of the front of the FX and I found it disruptive and noisy, so I feel your pain.  

The P10 complete system with 3 pillows are $70 on Amazon and a new headgear, including the for her option which is a bit smaller is $26-$27 on Prime.  If you can afford either option, it might bridge you to your next mask.  Sorry about your experience with Apria, but my best advise is just to move on to a supplier that better meets your needs.  Might as well get setup now rather than waiting to your next qualification period.

AMEN Sleeprider!  You would think that these companies already have a "captive" market since you have to buy new masks & machines as well as restocking worn masks, hoses, filters, etc. on a regular basis. All they have to do is provide friendly, accurate customer service. And yet, we are forced to go to places like Amazon or TheCPAPShop.com to find a supplier to met your needs AND offer 30 day returns on new masks.

Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2017, 08:50 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: You don't need anyone to calibrate your machine.

You can make pressure changes and any other changes on it.

And if it needs to be repaired, then go back to them and tell them it needs to be repaired.

Insurance is a pain. As I'm waiting out my requisite 3 months for a new mask, I've been ordering some on Amazon. I just ordered the P10 for under $50, and can't wait to try it!  I figure by the time my 3 months is up, I'll have a better idea of which mask to request.  :-)

You will love the P10. The only problem I had was the lack of headgear adjustments which will hopefully be fixed on the soon-to-be P20 with fully adjustable headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2017, 06:38 PM)djfro Wrote: I have a general question concerning ResMed masks & its 30 day return/exchange policy (30 day return policy from the manufacturer). I needed to replace a older ResMed mask and purchased a different ResMed model at my local Apria location.. After trying it, I found the new mask was much noisier than the old model and I want to swap it for a different model since I just purchased it yesterday, Apria told me all purchases are final and cannot be returned unless there is a mfg. defect. With ResMed's  30 day return/exchange policy, I'm not sure what my next step would be. Since I "purchased" my new mask yesterday, Medicare will not pay for a "new " mask for another six months. Is this something I have to take up directly with ResMed or am I basically SOL for the next six months? 

I use Apria, they gave me a mask when I started and I used it two weeks, and didn't like it. I wanted a P10. They told me the same baloney they are telling you. I hate to say this but you aren't bitching hard enough. Bring the mask into the local Apria, tell them it's defective, you aren't happy, you can't be compliant with this mask, and just keep it on until they exchange it as "defective" or whatever they decide. They can do it, believe me, I've been there. 

I had a secondary issue with them when they misled me into ordering the wrong way for my P10, and then tried to make it my fault. I again had to go back to the local Apria and make them fix it despite them insisting they couldn't help. They did fix it.  

And if for whatever reason they still own't help you go to the BBB, they are a pretty good resource when dealing with these type of companies.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2017, 09:43 PM)Galactus Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 06:38 PM)djfro Wrote: I have a general question concerning ResMed masks & its 30 day return/exchange policy (30 day return policy from the manufacturer). I needed to replace a older ResMed mask and purchased a different ResMed model at my local Apria location.. After trying it, I found the new mask was much noisier than the old model and I want to swap it for a different model since I just purchased it yesterday, Apria told me all purchases are final and cannot be returned unless there is a mfg. defect. With ResMed's  30 day return/exchange policy, I'm not sure what my next step would be. Since I "purchased" my new mask yesterday, Medicare will not pay for a "new " mask for another six months. Is this something I have to take up directly with ResMed or am I basically SOL for the next six months? 

I use Apria, they gave me a mask when I started and I used it two weeks, and didn't like it. I wanted a P10. They told me the same baloney they are telling you. I hate to say this but you aren't bitching hard enough. Bring the mask into the local Apria, tell them it's defective, you aren't happy, you can't be compliant with this mask, and just keep it on until they exchange it as "defective" or whatever they decide. They can do it, believe me, I've been there. 

I had a secondary issue with them when they misled me into ordering the wrong way for my P10, and then tried to make it my fault. I again had to go back to the local Apria and make them fix it despite them insisting they couldn't help. They did fix it.  

And if for whatever reason they still own't help you go to the BBB, they are a pretty good resource when dealing with these type of companies.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 354 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 755 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 573 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno
Question [CPAP] Resmed AS 11 CPAP Help DisgruntledNihilist 4 550 07-07-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: DisgruntledNihilist

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.