Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Using machine on flight
Using machine on flight
Hello! I have a flight to London coming up next Wednesday. I had done some searching in the past but was unable to find a clear answer.

Will it be possible to use my Resmed Airsense 10 machine on the flight. I'm on a Boeing 767 that will have AC power, but that's about all I know.

I'm wondering if I don't use the humidifier and heated tube if that will draw low enough power to be able to work fine through the flight. It would be nice to be able to sleep on a plane for the first time that I can ever remember.

Any thoughts? Your input will be greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Using machine on flight
If the flight includes AC power, just plug-in and go to sleep. It will work with the humidifier and heated hose and is still not going to use much more than a laptop computer in terms of power. Typical laptops have 45-65 watt adapters, vs 90 for your machine; however your actual in-use power is quite a bit less. A smaller 30 watt adapter is available if you want to do without the humidifier and hose but this should be no issue in flight.

Outlets on some airlines are only available in business and first class, and availability varies between airlines. The fact that the flight provides outlets does not mean it is included at your seat. You can usually check the seat map to verify.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect! I actually checked the seatguru map and confirmed my seat has AC power. This is wonderful news.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, let us know how it works out. How it goes in terms of where to put it, how the plug worked, how much hassle it was/was not, etc.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi travelost,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy and I hope your trip goes well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
From ResMed site.. turn humidifier and heated hose off and no water in humidifier do to aircrafts possibility of turbulence. Inhaling water won't be fun.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in London now having flown in from Aus last Saturday. I took the humidifier off my PRS1 Respironics and connected the base machine to a little device called a heat moisture exchanger. It goes between your mask and your hose and costs about $10. They were designed to work with the Z1 travel machine so if you can find a store that sells the Z1 do it.

Even though Emirates state in their website that CPAP is to only be used with a battery, the cabin crew said nothing about me being plugged into the mains power. I good a good 6 hours sleep on the flight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,157 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,791 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  non-CPAP device, for in-flight use Moe52 6 1,205 07-31-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: ardenum
Question Z1 problem on flight numbersman 1 1,250 06-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Diotima245
  Flying and using machine on a flight? Can it help SpO2 at high altitude? MyronH 10 2,407 04-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Matt00926
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,754 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.