Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Variation in AHI between my Resmed machined.
Variation in AHI between my Resmed machined.
I have both a ResMed AirMini and a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto. I constantly get AHI of 20 to 25 on my VAuto but i get an AHI of 1 to 3 on my Mini. Both are set to the same pressures and the Mini is set to Auto and the VAuto on BIPAP. is there any reason for this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Variation in AHI between my Resmed machined.
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I can't really explain that kind of a difference in AHI between the two machines.  The AirMini is not supported by OSCAR, so there's no way to compare.  Does your AirMini give any breakdown of the AHI, like Obstructives, Hypopnea and Clear Airway events?

However, the AirCurve is supported, and that's the preferred software we use to look at data.  An AHI reading is extremely high and suggests your VAuto settings aren't set optimally for you.

Download OSCAR.  You must have a SD card in your machine while you sleep.

We need to see the data from the daily page in OSCAR.  You can use the links in my signature line to guide you in Organizing a chart.

Once you've done that, use the Attachment Feature to post here.  Someone will be happy to take a look.  

Also, if you have a copy of your sleep study, post it here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi peterfusco! - Welcome

The AirCurve has 3 modes, CPAP, S, and Auto. Both the last two are considered Bi-Level. Which of these are you using? Without seeing screenshots of your Daily data from #OSACR, it will be hard to determine the cause of your AHI discrepancy. Also, I see that you have SleepyHead listed. I highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of OSCAR. OSCAR has corrected some errors in data reporting that are in SleepyHead. For information on the steps to capture an image in OSCAR and post it here, please see the links in my signature.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned above, you could have your VAuto set to different therapy settings than the AirMini which could account for the different AHI. Also worth checking OSCAR to see whether there are more central events on the VAuto - I've found for myself I'm sensitive to higher pressures which induce central events and could drive your AHI up.

I've also noticed a difference between AirMini and AirSense 10 for myself (albeit a few AHI). The only thing I can attribute that to is that the AirMini will use significantly less airflow to achieve the same pressure level because of its constant flow vent design (which is different from everything else on the market).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure Variation with Time Heaviside 2 212 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Wide variation in AHIs during the night? gillesw 4 579 08-18-2022, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Wide AHI Variation Phillips One system 60 & AirSense 10 ? ICEMAN 5 814 04-28-2022, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Minimal variation in pressure, DreamStation GrumpyAndTired 15 1,781 04-01-2021, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Treatment] Large daily AHI variation, please help Dreamtosleep 11 1,860 05-22-2019, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Dreamtosleep
Smile Unable settle ongoing AHI Variation low - high ICEMAN 26 4,098 06-28-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: JesseLee
  How much improvement / variation chezdan9 6 3,427 12-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.