Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Vendor that sells just the seal for ResMed AirSense Humidifier?
Vendor that sells just the seal for ResMed AirSense Humidifier?
In my two years with my ResMed AirSense 10, I've noticed that the only part of the humidifier tank that seems to wear out or get dirty is the seal (gasket) between the top and bottom halves. It seems wasteful to replace the entire tank when only the seal needs to be replaced.

Does anyone know a vendor that sells just the seal for the AirSense 10 humidifier tank?

I've checked the vendors I know:Commercial Link Removed Searched Supplier #1, Amazon, a couple of others. All will sell the whole tank; none will sell just the seal. I called ResMed but they refuse to answer questions about their equipment, instead referring to a reseller.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vendor that sells just the seal for ResMed AirSense Humidifier?
Hi Alameth,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
Good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't seen anybody just selling that part.

If Resmed don't sell it as a unique part/item (and it's not on their website), then no reseller would do so either.

Resmed don't sell spare parts for their machines or accessories, apart from very few exceptions (like the lid on the S9 humidifier). They don't want people to be able to repair their machines.

Maybe you can buy the full humidifiers (sold fairly cheap anyway), and start selling the plastic tanks without the seals on eBay or similar. In my case, the seal is usually fine, but the tank gets dirty.
Post Reply Post Reply
That tank is intended to be to be replaced at intervals; just like the intake filter.
So, the tank with lid seal is considered an expendable item.

Now the seal in the machine that mates with the tank, I believe is available for replacement.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Not advisable to put seals (tiny though they may be), goldfish, or any other aquatic animals in your humidifier chamber.

No, seriously, my conceptualization of ResMedThink: "Why sell them a 25 cent part for $2 when we can sell them a $4 part for $50? Oh, YEAH! While we're at it, maybe we can think of a way so that they can't use batteries without buying a $15 part from us for $100 too?!?!?"

Does it seem like I don't have much good to say for ResMed in its current version? <Mission accomplished!

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Try Direct Home Medical.  I've bought parts for a very old CPAP machine from them.  They likely sell the seals separately.  You can also chat with them online before you buy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2017, 12:17 AM)tedgreen Wrote: Maybe you can buy the full humidifiers (sold fairly cheap anyway), and start selling the plastic tanks without the seals on eBay or similar. In my case, the seal is usually fine, but the tank gets dirty.

I was wondering about that, thank you. I see lots of user comments on Amazon and elsewhere about the tank breaking. I've kept all my old tanks for that reason. I've also read comments from people in other parts of the country about dirty tanks, dirty air lines, etc., even when they clean them regularly; mine are spotless after six months of use. Maybe because it's pretty dry here in California?

It's not a cost thing; slrsly it's $22 every six months for a tank vs. $32 every month for the cushion. It just seemed wasteful, that's all. Our kitchen gloves always wear out the right hand first; my wife saves all the left ones for a friend who is left handed who saves the right gloves for her. Something like that, i guess. Smile

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2017, 12:27 PM)Agabaga Wrote: Try Direct Home Medical.  I've bought parts for a very old CPAP machine from them.  They likely sell the seals separately.  You can also chat with them online before you buy.

Oooooh, whether they have my part or not, I really like their website. Thanks for the tip!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2017, 12:24 AM)justMongo Wrote: That tank is intended to be to be replaced at intervals; just like the intake filter.
So, the tank with lid seal is considered an expendable item.

Understood. And by making the entire tank a consumable, ResMed lowers their number of SKUs, manufacturing costs, repair costs, etc.

I think TedGreen's comment nailed it, though: I'm an outlier. If a lot of people were finding the seal needs replacing after 3 months while the rest of the tank is good after 12, perhaps ResMed might address it. But I've gathered that the tank needs replacing by most people at the same time as the seal.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the seals are going out at 3 months though... that's just the recommended interval by some providers.

IIRC, Kaiser wants me to replace my humidifier every 6 months, mask and tube at 3.
The problem that we are having is that Apria seems to want to use a different schedule... they actually want us to replace the P10 pillows every 2 weeks... Kaiser says 4 with a new complete kit at 3 months.

It's so frustrating that we are pretty much just self-evaluating and have been buying from a couple of the DMEs on the list.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,714 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.