Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Very different results between Dreamstation and Autosense
Very different results between Dreamstation and Autosense
Hopefully both files will upload...this is my first time trying to do this. 
I use the Resmed Autosense 10 and get great results but just bought the Dreamstation Go Auto with the intention of using it for travel. Last night I tried it and found it very comfortable, etc....but the results were so very different from my Autosense 10. I would appreciate any insight. Thank You.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very different results between Dreamstation and Autosense
The first thing to recognise is that both machines are treating your apnea within normally accepted limits - an AHI less than 5 is regarded as clinically treated. It's generally the case that the Resmed Autoset reacts faster to events and precursors, more effectively preventing apneas.

The two machines also treat flow limitations differently. The Philips machine flags flow limitations on the events flag graph whereas the Resmed shows them on a different graph (which is not included in the chart you posted). In either case the flow limitations don't seem to be a problem.

So although the charts look very different, both machines are doing the job they were designed for. As long as you're comfortable and feeling rested with both then everything is OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2019, 01:27 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: The first thing to recognise is that both machines are treating your apnea within normally accepted limits - an AHI less than 5 is regarded as clinically treated. It's generally the case that the Resmed Autoset reacts faster to events and precursors, more effectively preventing apneas.

The two machines also treat flow limitations differently. The Philips machine flags flow limitations on the events flag graph whereas the Resmed shows them on a different graph (which is not included in the chart you posted). In either case the flow limitations don't seem to be a problem.

So although the charts look very different, both machines are doing the job they were designed for. As long as you're comfortable and feeling rested with both then everything is OK.

Thank you for your reply. I notice that last night I had two events (2 and 3 minutes long) of Periodic Breathing. I assume this is not measured as an event in the Resmed nor is it on any of the Resmed graphs. Is this something the Resmed treats that the Philips does not or just additional information provided by the Philips that may make the AHI score appear higher?
Post Reply Post Reply
Even assuming the "same" settings, the machines have different response algorithms and threshold triggers which make apples-to-apples reporting difficult. In the final analysis, it is how you feel the next morning and function throughout the day. Or as my sleep physician often says, you treat the patient, not the machine numbers.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
One big difference between the 3 is the PR is providing 2 cmw PS (Flex) about its max, to the ResMes'd 3 cmw (EPR) its max. This could provide a significant difference between the 2.

Also, both machines are capable of reporting PB, on ResMed it is confusingly called CSR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your insights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a philips system one system, and switched to an Autosense, and found a night and day difference between the 2... DB hit the nail right on the head, in my case anyway. The Autosense was reacting faster to my breathing as opposed to trying to predict. I was fighting the machine all night long and killing the effectiveness...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 473 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.